PDA

View Full Version : Installing Upgrade V3

Jim Bovard
07-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Hello,

I am currently running ShipRush Basic Version 3.0.0.281. Commercial Ver 2.25 and updating to the new version of Basic V3 on Windows 2000 Professional.

Do I have to un-install the old version V3 before installing the new updated version V3? If so will I lose my shipping history and/ or setting settings?

Thanks,
Jim Bovard -

SYSOPS
07-26-2004, 12:18 PM
If you're updating from one build of ShipRush UPS v3 Basic to the new build, you do not need to uninstall. Run the installer and choose to update ShipRush.

All settings and prior information should be present after update.

SYSOPS

***NOTE***

After reviewing your record you should be using ShipRush UPS v3 PRO and not Basic.

Please be clear as to which build you have, as well as version (Pro or Basic).

Jim Bovard
07-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Hello System Ops,

Thank you for clarifying that I actually have Ship Rush Pro rather than Ship Rush Basic. We purchased it directly from Z-Firm in March, 2004 before you started splitting the two versions in April, 2004.

Let me restate my issue;

We have had a problem with our version of Ship Rush Pro since we purchased it last March because it does not allow us to ship a package via 'UPS Collect'. It only allows us to ship something "UPS Third Party". This is important distinction because UPS only pays a company’s discount incentives when a package is processed on "Collect" and not when a shipment is run on "Third Party". The company pays for both shipements, but they will not receive their negociated discounts on Third Party shipments. We are usually the vendor using our customer's UPS account, and are required to ship "UPS Collect", not "UPS Third Party". In fact we are fined hundreds of dollars if we do not ship "Collect", when using their UPS Account.

MY PROBLEM & QUESTION; We need Ship Rush to be capable of shipping "Collect" and not just "Third Party". We submitted this issue to Z-Firm , on 6-16-04, and ZF replied saying this feature was fixed in the Ship Rush Pre-Release version 3 and gave me the following link to download a trial pre-release copy in his e-mail on 6-16-04. (Beta Version I think he called it):

My question is does the new version of Ship Rush Pro on your website include this "Collect" feature, or do I still need to us the Beta Version recommend to me back on 6-16-04? Also can you verifiy that this link that was sent me is the correct link for my version of Ship Rush Pro, not Ship Rush Basic. (See earlier message for my version). FYI message is attached below;

Sorry for the lengthy message. I look forward to your reply.

Jim Bovard

Jim Bovard
07-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Hello System Ops,

Was my reply post from yesterday afternoon received by you?

If so, please acknowledge that you are working an answer

....Thanks Jim Bovard

SYSOPS
07-29-2004, 07:30 AM
Jim,
Your post is here.

Email has been sent to you with the must current download information. Please download that installer and use to update to build 401/402.

SYSOPS