PDA

View Full Version : QB window hides after ship label created

dblaw
03-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Win XP Pro, QB pro 2005, Ship Rush 3 UPS basic
Installed Ship rush 2 days ago. It works great with one small exception. I could not find anything in the help or documentation files about this.

After the ship label is created I get the window that provides the tracking number and estimated shipping charge. When I close that window (with the "X" box or "close" box) My Quickbooks window hides and QB beeps like it has saved a new invoice. When I click on QB in the tray the window unhides and shows the same screen unchanged. Is there anything to fix this or am I stuck unhiding the window after every label?
Thanks, David

SYSOPS
03-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Could you provide me with the build # for ShipRush? Help | About will give you that information.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

dblaw
03-17-2006, 10:43 AM
build number 3.0.0.1039

SYSOPS
03-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Please download the update available:
http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/assets/products/update/ShipRush_v3_1103_patch.exe

Apply that and test

If the issue persists, it may have something to do with the XP environment, or a video driver causing this. You may be able to change the manner how it is run. Locate shiprush3.exe on the PC (typically in program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3 basic). Right click | Properties | Compatibility and change the mode to Windows 2000. Maybe that will help.

SYSOPS

dblaw
03-17-2006, 10:50 AM
I tried to install patch - it came back with an error - could not delete target file

dblaw
03-17-2006, 10:53 AM
nevermind - Im stoopid - did not have shiprush closed. I will give that a try. Thanks

dblaw
03-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks, That definitely stopped the hiding QB window issue. There is one small thing - when I open a ship window by double clicking the shiprush icon in the tray it tells me retrieving contact information, beeps and then waits for a 3 count and then gives me a ship window. If I right click the icon and select UPS ground it just beeps, waits for a 3 count and then gives the ship window. I don't mind it but I just wanted to bring it up in case that is not right.
Thanks again for the quick service and fix. David