PDA

View Full Version : Add-in won't enable with MS Small Business Accounting

FranOR
04-21-2006, 07:31 AM
I just loaded MS Small Business Management which includes Small Business Accounting (SBA). I followed the instructions for the ShipRush install and the ShipRush icon appears in my start-up bar - but does not engage with the Microsoft product - I get a message in SBA saying that the ShipRush module must be missing or damaged. One time, the Shipping icon appeared in the SBA toolbar but didn't work and now I've tried unloading EVERYTHING and starting over, rebooting my system in between unloads and all that stuff - now the Shipping icon does not even appear in the SBA toolbar. Maybe there's a "trick" to the sequencing or whatnot. Anybody had this prob - or have any ideas?
Thanks, Fran.

SYSOPS
04-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Couple of items:

First - update ShipRush with this patch
http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/betaz/sr3/ShipRush_v3_1223_patch.exe

After you update, see if the plugin shows up. If not, might need to refer to a couple kbase articles:
http://www.zfirm.com/knowledge_bases/shiprush/srxa-0114.txt
http://www.zfirm.com/knowledge_bases/shiprush/srxa-0117.txt

HTH,
SYSOPS

FranOR
04-23-2006, 09:23 PM
The patch didn't work (I noticed the patch said ...to work with Quickbooks... ) and I'm using Microsoft SBA.

Here's the message I get (over and over again!) - after I have enabled the plug in ("successfully?"):

"MS SBA can't find the ShipRush program. Perhaps the ShipRush program has been uninstalled or damaged. Please select the Re-register button to attempt to reconfigure the ShipRush system. If this fails to solve the problem, try to run the ShipRush from the Start Menu (which does run, by the way).

Cannot start process because a filename has not been provided."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So what is the Re-register process - and/or what filename may be missing?

Thanks again ... frustrated Fran.

SYSOPS
04-24-2006, 05:12 AM
So the plugin is there, just that it cannot locate the exe file.

Go into the settings for the plugin, and set the path to the exe file. For SR Basic, the default path is: c:\program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3 basic\shiprush3.exe

Once set, it should bring up the airbill correctly.

SYSOPS

FranOR
04-24-2006, 01:37 PM
So the plugin is there, just that it cannot locate the exe file.

Go into the settings for the plugin, and set the path to the exe file. For SR Basic, the default path is: c:\program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3 basic\shiprush3.exe

Once set, it should bring up the airbill correctly.

SYSOPS

Actually, this did work! But to be clearer for us literal folk, you might post this as:
Go into the settings for the plugin, click on the ADVANCED tab, and set the "Launch on UPS" field to the correct path to the exe file. For SR Basic, the default path is: c:\program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3 basic\shiprush3.exe.

SYSOPS
04-24-2006, 01:40 PM
I wasn't looking at an SBA environment at the time, and thought it would get you to the correct area without being able to pinpoint the actual tab name.

Sorry if there was confusion.

SYSOPS