PDA

View Full Version : Using ShipRush with Stoneedge Custom Forms Not Prnting Propely

Jack47
05-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Hello, hopefull someone can help. I was on the phone with suppot but
they could not resolve this issue.

When I print the custom forms it comes out in a HUGE font and gets cut off.
Un-Usable.

Can someone tell me how to fix?

The printer work fine printing anything else. How can I adjust the size within shiprush?

Thanks in advance.

SYSOPS
05-26-2006, 11:40 AM
There are no settings in ShipRush for font control.

If you set ShipRush to use a different printer (for testing), does it print correctly?

What kind of printer are you trying to print to?

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
05-26-2006, 01:56 PM
What kind of printer are you printing to?

If you print to a laser printer, please install an HP 4 print driver, point it to your printer, and point ShipRush to that.

Jack47
05-30-2006, 06:37 AM
Hello, I tried on two printers. A Dell Laser and an HP laser both printing the same way (Large Font, cut off).

You want me to install an HP 4 print driver, point it to my printer and point that to Ship? I will look into that method if after knowing my status you still think I should do that.

SYSOPS
05-30-2006, 06:45 AM
This is the only report we've ever had in regards to this issue. That would lead us to believe it is something environmental to the PC.

The next step would be to do the HP4 driver, direct it to the HP laser you have, and set ShipRush to use that newly created printer. Does it print the same way?

SYSOPS

Jack47
05-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Keep in mind the printer works fine printing anything but the shiprush customs forms...

Jack47
05-30-2006, 09:57 AM
I have been working with computers for 10 years and I do not know how to do this:
do the HP4 driver, direct it to the HP laser you have

How can this be possible? Pls explain and I will do it.

SYSOPS
05-30-2006, 10:03 AM
For local printer
Install an HP4 printer as local
Select the same port as the real printer

For a network printer (bit trickier)
At a command prompt
net use LPT3: \\pcname\printersharename (pcname is the name of the computer that has the printer attached)
Now install HP4 driver as local to LPT3

If the HP4 driver works, you can set that option as persistent by doing the following at a command prompt:
net use LPT3: \\pcname\printer\sharename /persistent:yes

SYSOPS

Jack47
05-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks, that worked great. I appreciate your help!

mike2587
11-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Are you printing packing data on this form with the label? Anyone have any idea on how to export data from stoneedge to make the label but somehow either take a snapshot of the label so i can apply it to my invoice form? I'd like to have a packing slip and the label all print out so i don't have two different sheets...

SYSOPR
11-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Are you printing packing data on this form with the label? Anyone have any idea on how to export data from stoneedge to make the label but somehow either take a snapshot of the label so i can apply it to my invoice form? I'd like to have a packing slip and the label all print out so i don't have two different sheets...

Great question.

First off, the Stone Edge guys could certainly do this on their side. Our developer tools allow Stone Edge to grab the label from us, put it on the invoice, and print it in one throw.

On our side, options are more limited, since we only know about the label. You can set ShipRush to save labels to pdf, but then you would need to merge the PDF with the invoice document.

That is all I can think of.

SYSOPR
11-10-2011, 06:22 PM
For local printer
Install an HP4 printer as local
Select the same port as the real printer

We should kb the problem and the solution....