PDA

View Full Version : Shiprush for Fedex

Gaprofitt
06-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Currently I am running ShipRush version : 4.0.0.1498

First and foremost I love the concept. This will save people invaluable time. The application just seems to bomb out periodically on numerous PC's we have it installed on. I saw a version is out named 4.5 but we I install it the version stays at 4.0.0.1498. When I change the printer from one printer to another it still wants to print on the old printer even though it is no longer selected. Sorry if I sound a little frustrated but I'm not having much luck with this software.

For example, I currently have a Laser Printer selected. When printing I get the following Unable to print label:printer type mismatch. Unable to find default thermal printer.

THanks for any advice or help.

Greg

SYSOPR
06-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi Greg!

Thank you for posting the build number. That helps a ton.

That version is 4.5 (even though it is missing that stamp), so you are covered there.

We would like to address all the concerns you have. To make this effective:

a) Please post a screen shot of any error or message (so we can attack it most directly)

b) It works best if we tackle a single issue in thread here on the forums (so we don't get our collective wires crossed)

The printer type mismatch is not something we have seen before. If you could post an error and help us understand the detail around the issue we will get right into it!

SYSOPR
06-18-2006, 03:44 PM
A few other notes (having re-read your post)... hopefully I am warm:

a) Printer settings are local to a PC. So changing the printer on PC will only affect that PC.

b) The printer type (e.g. eltron vs laser) is not retroactive. If ShipRush is set to laser, and you do a shipment, but then you change the printer type to eltron and go to reprint that shipment, it will not work.

(The labels are generated at the time the shipment is processed, and are saved for reprinting, but are not recreated for a different printer type.)

I hope this is all on the right track...!