PDA

View Full Version : error

snarkys
08-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Trying to install the endicia usps version but after i put in my codes i get this message

Account registration failed
endicia server returned error : account # ****** is not authorized for this service.

I am currently enrolled in their premium service . also can i use this in quick books and eBay ?

snarkys
08-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Endicia server returned error: Account #******* is not authorized for this service. [2001]

this is a cpoy of it

SYSOPS
08-21-2006, 05:21 AM
You must setup an account for use with ShipRush as other accounts will not work.

You can only use ShipRush with one solution (QuickBooks, or eBay). This is based on the license that you enter. If you need it to work with both:
- Have two licenses and flip flop between (messy as you need to enter new license all the time)
- Use ShipRush on two different PCs

SYSOPS

robertfranz
08-22-2006, 03:25 PM
I get the same error.

Note that I am installing SR for Endicia - licensing should not be an issue.

We have an Endicia Professional account.

I had forgotten the passphrase, so I called Endicia to have it reset.

At the same time, I enquired about some special account for ShipRush.
They knew of no such account, and confirmed that we already have their highest level account. Is it possible that SR is looking specifically for a Premium account and doesn't recognize Professional?

The only thing I can think of that I might have done to confuse things is that I started to install ShipRush for UPS - realized it was the wrong one, and then dug around until I found ShipRush for Endicia. I cancelled the install, uninstalled, rebooted, installed ShipRush for Endicia, rebooted, and launched the app. I then realized I would need the passphrase, bailed, had Endicia reset the passphrase, launched Dazzle with my temp passphrase, then (thinking that maybe ShipRush required the account be in a default state) exited Dazzle, launched ShipRush again - entered the temp pass as the old passphrase and selected a new one. I got an error msg (didn't write that one down.) Went back to Dazzle and completed the passphase change and tried launching ShipRush again - same 2001 error.

I'd really like to try this out as it appears to be no cost over what we already pay endicia.

Please review these messages and let us know what's going on.

robertfranz
08-22-2006, 08:41 PM
I think I understand now how it works - sort of.

I figured that maybe zfirm derived its revenue stream from a commission paid by endicia. I was incorrect - or at least my assumtion was incomplete.

I wouldn't mind paying the extra $5 a month - but having to open a new account and close our old one to drive a commission is a bit silly - and isn't likely to happen.

SYSOPR
08-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Robert,

Sorry for the confusion. ShipRush for Endicia is new, and we are still working out the various details. For example, many existing Endicia customers are interested in ShipRush, but are not (understandably) looking to open a 2nd Endicia account.

Folks not currently on Endicia simply decide "Is the monthly fee worth it" and if it is, on they go.

We are working with Endicia to make ShipRush more 'coherent' to existing Endicia sites. We can't promise that it will meet your needs, but we do want it to work as well as it can. At this point, I think the only path you can take is to ask "Is the benefit from ShipRush worth the monthly fee?" If not, we understand.

We also have a free of charge (completely) USPS ShipRush. It does not print postage, but does the rest (bar coded label, etc.).

snarkys
08-23-2006, 08:46 AM
so how much is the monthly fee ?

snarkys
08-23-2006, 08:47 AM
oh and how do we set up the acount if the the people at Endicia have no clue what shiprush is ?

robertfranz
08-23-2006, 08:52 AM
I was going to ask *you* that.

SYSOPS
08-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Use the create account option in ShipRush (during the wizard). If you have an account entered into ShipRush now, but it is not a ShipRush\Endicia Account, delete it from settings | shipping settings. The wizard will then fire up, and you should get the option to create an Endicia Account at that point.

All Endicia\ShipRush information can be found here:
http://zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v4-5_endicia/Endicia_Account_Terms.htm

SYSOPS

robertfranz
08-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Robert,

Sorry for the confusion. ShipRush for Endicia is new, and we are still working out the various details. For example, many existing Endicia customers are interested in ShipRush, but are not (understandably) looking to open a 2nd Endicia account.

It looks like a great product which addresses what should be a trivial matter - but oftentimes isn't. Is there actually something different in the Endicia account? If I do go with a ShipRush-Endicia account, what limitations am I going to experience with it? If I were not able to use ShipRush due to some temporary glitch, would I then be able to fall back to using Dazzle with the ShipRush Endicia account?

Again, I have no objection to the extra $5/mo. It's just that since I am spending other people's money, I need a very clear picture of what the costs will be and what limitations will exist.

Folks not currently on Endicia simply decide "Is the monthly fee worth it" and if it is, on they go.

We are working with Endicia to make ShipRush more 'coherent' to existing Endicia sites. We can't promise that it will meet your needs, but we do want it to work as well as it can. At this point, I think the only path you can take is to ask "Is the benefit from ShipRush worth the monthly fee?" If not, we understand.

We also have a free of charge (completely) USPS ShipRush. It does not print postage, but does the rest (bar coded label, etc.).

Where exactly is this version? If I can demonstrate reasonable flow of data from our ecommerce site down through Quickbooks, to printing a shipping label, I will have my proof of concept. While we do need to print postage - I definitely don't need to do this yet while I'm testing.

And before you ask - yes, I considered Stoneedge Order Manager, which I am aware integrates your product into it's shipping function. I would buy it in a heartbeat - but I was outvoted. Instead, we will piece together a solution.

I am installing ShipRush USPS right now. If everything works as expected, we will be able to move our ecommerce site and start saving some serious green.

snarkys
08-23-2006, 10:40 AM
ahh $40 a month

robertfranz
08-23-2006, 12:25 PM
ok - things are looking much better with the non-endicia version.

I can sort out the Endicia account stuff later - my only question on that end is whether the account is actually an Endicia account, or is it some sort of amalgamated/virtual account that would preclude transferring our postage balance from one Endicia account to the other. Either way is not a deal breaker - I'll just get fewer dirty looks if we have to wait on a $10 credit back than I will with a $300 credit.

Things I still need to sort out:

1> I keep getting an error re the label date needing to be within the next 7 days. I've gone back to QB and changed the various dates, but I may well have missed one since there are several date fields and visibility is determined by what form is actually being viewed.

What field in Quickbooks does ShipRush actually use for the label date?

At this point, I'll create some more dummy orders so that they can't contain retro dates, but I still need to know which field this is pulled from, so that I can accomodate situations where an order has been delayed.

2> Is there a way to get the weight to populate in ShipRush?
In QB, it's in the Memo field - I suspect this is a kluge from MonsterBooks.
Can I map this field somewhere?

Scratch that - I just set the default weight to 5 lb - we only ship Priority Mail - nothing that exceeds 70 lbs will ever get this far.

But....is there a way I can set the default packaging to Flat Rate Box?

The only option I see are "Package" and several UPS options.

Setting to Package means having to change it to Flat Rate Box for each order. This is all about streamlining, so I want to reduce the clicks.

UPDATE:

With a shiny brand new order, I still am getting the date error.
Any ideas?

SYSOPS
08-23-2006, 01:02 PM
1> I keep getting an error re the label date needing to be within the next 7 days. I've gone back to QB and changed the various dates, but I may well have missed one since there are several date fields and visibility is determined by what form is actually being viewed.

What field in Quickbooks does ShipRush actually use for the label date?None. ShipRush should be using the date of the PC.

2> Is there a way to get the weight to populate in ShipRush?
In QB, it's in the Memo field - I suspect this is a kluge from MonsterBooks.
Can I map this field somewhere?At this time we don't pull the weight from any field in QuickBooks. Options are to set a default weight, or connect ShipRush to scale to read the weight from a package.

But....is there a way I can set the default packaging to Flat Rate Box?
The only option I see are "Package" and several UPS options.
Setting to Package means having to change it to Flat Rate Box for each order. This is all about streamlining, so I want to reduce the clicks.The picklist needs to be cleaned up in ShipRush for Postal. I will alert development about this picklist issue. I don't have a quick solution for that one.

SYSOPS

robertfranz
08-23-2006, 01:10 PM
None. ShipRush should be using the date of the PC.

At this time we don't pull the weight from any field in QuickBooks. Options are to set a default weight, or connect ShipRush to scale to read the weight from a package.

The picklist needs to be cleaned up in ShipRush for Postal. I will alert development about this picklist issue. I don't have a quick solution for that one.

SYSOPS

I can live with the click to change the package.

The date issue is perplexing though. Obviously it isn't affecting everyone universally - unless no one actually uses the contact manager integration - possible but very unlikely.

When I use Blank Shipment, it processes just fine - the label looks similar to what we get out of Endicia.

Since I had more than one version installed at various times, I am going to uninstall and remove all traces of ShipRush, then reboot and reinstall ShipRush USPS Non-Endicia.

SYSOPS
08-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Should be the date from the PC, as you see when you do a blank shipment.

If you do a shipment from QB, what date are you seeing?

SYSOPS

robertfranz
08-23-2006, 01:45 PM
well, cr4p:

label_error_error.PNG

robertfranz
08-23-2006, 01:56 PM
Hmmm...thought I had expunged ShipRush completely, but when I reinstalled, it still had my data - so I obviously missed something in the app data directory.

In any event, here is the screen from QB Premiere 2006 - the actual working install will be QB Enterprise 2006, but as I need to work via RDP on that box, I wanted to stage it locally first.

qb_source_screenshot.PNG

SYSOPS
08-23-2006, 01:59 PM
What I don't see is the airbill for ShipRush with the date populated. What date is being inserted into ShipRush? We don't read the Ship Date field in QB.

SYSOPS

robertfranz
08-23-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by airbill.

Here is the last screen I get in ShipRush:
pre_error.PNG

robertfranz
08-23-2006, 02:24 PM
I think my next step is to head home and try this on a different box where I also have QB Enterprise installed, and where ShipRush has never been installed.

I don't really want to link to the production QB installation just yet.

robertfranz
08-24-2006, 08:40 AM
ok - installed SR for USPS on an XP Pro box that never had SR installed on it previously.
Running local - no rdp - very vanilla.
created a dummy comnpany file in QB enterprise.
Created a sales order.
SR set for hybrid mode.
Same results - exactly the same error.

I'd really like to get this going, but I'm frankly perplexed - and my project clock is ticking. We'd probably make a great case study if we can get past the error.

Do you guys have a lab with QB Enterprise 2006 installed, or do you QA via simulation through a test suite?
I'd just like someone to confirm that this build does actually work with a live QBE2006 installation.
Is there a way to run SR for Endicia in some kind of test mode without an Endicia account? At least that way, if the Endicia version works I could move ahead. Despite my previous misgivings, I am willing to open a new account, but I need some kind of proof of concept,

I understand that SR for USPS is beta, and I do appreciate that you guys have been pretty quick to respond.

SYSOPS
08-24-2006, 08:49 AM
At this point, give tech support a call. I would like to remote into your environment and look.

I have ShipRush USPS working with a fully installed QB Enterprise 6 environment, without these issues.

SYSOPS

robertfranz
08-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Anyone in particular to ask for, or do you wear all the hats too?

SYSOPS
08-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Give a call in for Tech Support, I'll know who you are. I'd call you directly, but I cannot find your information in our system.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
08-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Missing Settings for default pkging to flat rate box:

Opened internally as Case 12441

SYSOPR
08-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Label date error has been sent to engineering as Case 12442

Truly an odd one.

robertfranz
08-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanks again for the help is sorting out the weird error.

This was the final moving part in streamlining our online ordering.

Now I can focus on the look/feel of our ecommerce site.