PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Priority Mail

priind
09-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Currently we process our USPS order thru the USPS website and are able to ship small and large packages USPS Priority Mail. However, when using ShipRush for USPS for the first time today I noticed that we could only use Priority Mail with flat rate boxes and flat Rate envelopes. Is this a known problem? Are we doing something wrong??

Mike

SYSOPS
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
When you state that you noticed you can only ship Priority with flat rate items, what exactly do you mean by that? Can you not select box, large box, etc from the packaging? Or do you get an error when you try to ship when you have one of those selected?

Thank you,
SYSOPS

priind
09-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Yes, we are unable to select anything else besides flat rate boxes and flat Rate envelopes when shipping priority mail. If we try to select another box, etc and error window displays stating that we can only ship flat rate boxes and envelopes with priority mail

SYSOPS
09-01-2006, 11:13 AM
This is with ShipRush USPS or ShipRush Endicia? I don't get an error with either in my testing.

Please provide us with a screenshot of the error and of the airbill (shipping screen) so we can understand this issue more.

How to post a screenshot:
http://forums.zfirm.com/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_post_screen_shot

Thank you,
SYSOPS

priind
09-01-2006, 11:39 AM
attached is the screen shot that you requested. we are using ShipRush USPS and also have ShipRush UPS Pro 3.0 installed

priind
09-01-2006, 11:41 AM
I did not remove customers name from screen shot. can you please remove screen shot after you are done to hide personal information - sorry

SYSOPS
09-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Removed. Please right click on the SR icon and go to Help | About and let us know the build that you're using of ShipRush.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

priind
09-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Usps 4.5.0.1622
Ups 3.0.0.1103

SYSOPS
09-01-2006, 12:43 PM
I had build 1622 installed as well, and it let me do a 5lb box.

Are you double clicking the icon in the system tray, or right clicking and selecting Priority? If you are selecting priority, try double clicking the icon and processing the shipment again.

SYSOPS

priind
09-01-2006, 01:06 PM
I am selecting priority mail and then click on estimate cost - should have mentioned that first. Tried clicking on ship button and it did print a label, but delivery fee is 0.00 Should the system print a shipping total or just a label

SYSOPS
09-01-2006, 01:23 PM
For most packages it should print an amount along with the label.

For some packages it will only print the label. We are working with the USPS servers to give us amounts for all packages types and weights.

SYSOPS

priind
09-01-2006, 01:27 PM
I am a little confused. Does this mean that we can't get a shipping cost and should ignore error message if estimating cost, but will be able to print a label at this time?

SYSOPS
09-01-2006, 01:31 PM
It means the following:

- Estimate cost error is a bug. Being reported to development.

- There are some packages and or weights that we do not get the shipment rate for. Being worked on by development with the USPS people.

- ShipRush will print a valid shipping label for USPS, and that can be used on the package.

Hopefully we can get the other items ironed out with our software and USPS to make it more useful with the shipping costs.

SYSOPS

priind
09-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Please calarify if true: If the label has postage of 0.00 printed I can still use and just calculate it out on their website in the time being.

SYSOPR
09-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Is this ShipRush USPS or ShipRush Endicia?

I have to know to answer your question.

Thanks

priind
09-07-2006, 03:23 PM
It is ShipRush USPS

SYSOPR
09-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Please calarify if true: If the label has postage of 0.00 printed I can still use and just calculate it out on their website in the time being.

Correct!

ShipRush USPS is a label printing tool. It is your job to add (correct!) postage (using stamps, a postage meter, or at the post office).

You can use ANY tool to calculate the postage (I have a little printed sheet above our scale).

ShipRush USPS should be able to calculate postage, but this area is still under development.

priind
09-08-2006, 05:21 AM
Will you be sending out emails to notify when updates are released. I hope you can get it to function like ShipRush UPS

SYSOPR
09-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Best bet is to monitor the announcement areas of these forums.