PDA

View Full Version : USPS Endicia Features Clarification

adam5532
09-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi,

Could you please clarify the following:

1) Does ShipRush USPS Endicia allow insurance to be added?
2) Is there any option within ShipRush to hide the amount of the postage on the label (as is possible with Endicia's more expensive accounts)?
3) The mailing I got from you indicated that this software is free. Is it going to continue to be free (I already pay for UPS Pro and FedEx)?
4) Is this software beta or released? Your website mentions nothing about it being beta software, yet the installation requires you to acknowledge that it is beta software in order to proceed with the installation.

Thanks,
Adam

SYSOPS
09-27-2006, 12:46 PM
1) Does ShipRush USPS Endicia allow insurance to be added?

- Yes, and you can do insurance from USPS or Endicia

2) Is there any option within ShipRush to hide the amount of the postage on the label (as is possible with Endicia's more expensive accounts)?

- Yes. Settings | Shipping Settings | Shipment Defaults
- Uncheck Print postage on the label

3) The mailing I got from you indicated that this software is free. Is it going to continue to be free (I already pay for UPS Pro and FedEx)?

- I do believe so but I cannot say 100% as I do not control that area of the software.

4) Is this software beta or released? Your website mentions nothing about it being beta software, yet the installation requires you to acknowledge that it is beta software in order to proceed with the installation.

- That might be left over wording in the wizard. I will ask development to remove that (no longer beta as the software is available on our website).

SYSOPS

adam5532
09-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi,

- I do believe so but I cannot say 100% as I do not control that area of the software.

Wow! I began to install the software, and the little print in the agreement informed me that the monthly charge from Endicia would be $39.95 on top of the cost of postage! That seems excessive! The Endicia basic plan only costs $9.95/month. I know that this is a premium "business" plan, but it is still very excessive for the added features. This is far more expensive than the cost of ShipRush UPS Pro and Fedex over one year, and UPS and FedEx charge nothing (the only charge is the weekly pickup charge, and this is paying for a service, not for the right to print labels). I realize that this may be out of your control, but please:
a) make the monthly cost clear on your website -- customers should not have to waste time downloading and starting to install the software to know what the cost of using it will be
b) consider if there might be a less expensive way to print postage (not using Endicia), or a less expensive option for small businesses.

Just to clarify, it is on the ShipRush USPS that this notice occurs, not on ShipRush USPS for Endicia.

Thanks!
- Adam

SYSOPR
09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Hi Adam!

If we can make the monthly cost lower, we will. It is out of our hands at this point.

Endicia charges $34/month for their Windows Pro plan (according to their web site (http://www.endicia.com/endicia-usa/Site/pricing.cfm) , and that is what should be compared to ShipRush.

Let us know how we can help!