PDA

View Full Version : Print format for Thermal Printer

mofavreau
10-04-2006, 08:06 AM
We use a thermal printer for printing our labels. I have tried to change settings but can not get the label to reformat from a "laser printer" layout.

I have changed the orientation so it prints the correct direction, but it's still printing out as if it's printing on an 8.5 x 11 size sheet instead of the 4" x 6" label. The printer indicates it's set up for a 4x6 and the settings in Shiprush look correct for the 4x6.

The problem may be originating from here:
In the Shiprush printer settings, on the printer type it only offers "laser" as a choice. I can select the correct printer, which is "UPS Thermal 2844". Although I have the correct printer selected, is it not printing correctly because the printer type can't be changed from "laser"?

Also, when printing on the laser printer,there is another portion to the label, the "customer online record". Is this why it's printing funky on the laser label? We don't need that because the info records in Goldmine History. So, perhaps there is a way to turn that off, then it will print correctly on the thermal printer?

We have been running Shiprush for UPS & Fedex for years and I have never had this issue, but really also need this new module. Help!

SYSOPS
10-04-2006, 08:22 AM
USPS (not Endicia) does not currently support label printers (that is why Laser is the only option in the dropdown). We are working with USPS to add label printers as an option.

ShipRush Endicia does support label printers.

SYSOPS