PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

pharry
10-05-2006, 12:10 PM
I've installed, but now I have some questions.

- My scale works, but I'm required to click the scale button. With ShipRush for UPS, it picks up the weight automatically. How can I make this automatic? I do have it setup to use the scale (there is a check mark in the box by the scales in the setup dialog)

- The shipper is showing an Endicia shipper. I've added a profile with my shipping information, and made it the default. It shows in the drop-down box when I'm creating a shipment, but I can't get it to default.

- The shipment date is defaulting to 6/15/2006. How can I make the default be today's date?

SYSOPS
10-05-2006, 12:54 PM
I cannot replicate any of the above items.

Right click the ShipRush icon in the system tray and go to Help | About. What is the build\version you're running?

- Type\make\model of scale please
- Make sure you have that set as default in the settings under Profiles
- Are you using a template you've made, or selecting a template from the right click menu? If you just double click the ShipRush icon, does the Ship Date show today's date?

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
10-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Maybe there is some other software running that is also using the scale?

pharry
10-05-2006, 01:17 PM
If I double-click the icon, none of the above conditions occur. Everything is fine. But if I right click, then select "Priority Service", I have those problems. I'm not use a template I've made.

The only other program that would be using the scales is ShipRush for UPS, which is also in the tray

ShipRush for Indicia is version 4.7.0.1782

ShipRush for UPS is version 2.0.0.1103

My scale is a Fairbanks Ultegra.

SYSOPS
10-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Suggestion:
Create a new template for use with ShipRush Endicia.

Set your info as you want (service type, etc) and then save as a new template:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v4-5_endicia/Shipment_Templates.htm

Restart ShipRush Endicia, and does the issue still exist?

SYSOPS

pharry
10-05-2006, 03:27 PM
That fixed the ship date and the shipper information. I still have to click the scale button to pick up the package weight. I shut down ShipRush UPS to see if that had an impact, but it didn't. Not a show-stopper, but it would be nice to get it to retrieve the weight automatically.

SYSOPR
10-05-2006, 07:38 PM
This issue should be resolved when you go to ShipRush UPS v4.x

I think it is an issue in ShipRush 3.x