PDA

View Full Version : UPS Specific Printing Bug

vtjballeng
11-07-2006, 01:12 PM
I use a Zebra LP-2844 with a built in lan controller. Sometimes when I choose to print to the Zebra LP-2844, the image is offset vertically and will force it to be upright (meaning the print reverse option is ignored). When this happens, I can offset the image by 200 and it is very close to fitting properly (if this option allowed up to 300 I would be fine or if the reverse option worked when this problem happens).

Once this occurs I cannot recover except by going to the printer driver and telling windows to print a test page. I have spent a lot of time trying different combinations of solutions to come up with this specific solution. Also, when this problem happens only the UPS Basic Shiprush is affected (I have the newest version as installed from the Zfirm website).

My FedEx and USPS modules continue to print normally so I don't know what could be causing this but if it were the printer driver itself or the printer itself it would seem to cause the FedEx and USPS Shiprush printing systems to fail also (which they do not).

Any solutions would be much appreciated. Ideally this would be a simple bug fix but alternatively a quick solution for me would be to change the vertical offset from 10 to 250 or so when this error occurs so that I can quickly print my batch of UPS shipments.

SYSOPS
11-07-2006, 01:16 PM
This has been reported to development. The only option I have available is the following:

Printing resolution:

Power the printer off
Power it back on while holding the button (usually green) down
Once the Printer is powered on, release the button
Should flash red, and start printing
Once printing is done, recycle the power to the printer

Now go into ShipRush and process a shipment
Should print correctly on one label

Keep in mind, that if you print to the printer with any other software (like WorldShip etc), it may re-introduce the issue to the printer and the steps above are needed to reset the defaults in the printer itself.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
11-07-2006, 03:29 PM
The next cuts of ShipRush 4.7 should resolve this.

vtjballeng
11-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the resolution and I will look for the fix in the next Shiprush release.

SYSOPR
11-10-2006, 09:21 AM
ShipRush v4.7 .1835 is now released at www.zfirm.com

It should resolve this. (And please let us know that it does!)

Thank you!

(ZF Case 9821)