PDA

View Full Version : Special Pricing for UPS

Jim Bovard
08-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Hello
I need help. How do I load special contract for 100 WEIGHT (TIER 6 CWT) Pricing for my UPS account.

My UPS rep and I looked at the current rates in my Ship Rush V3 Pro and the 100 CWT pricing for us (TIER 6 CWT) in not what is pulling up. I have check the Tier 6 box on the program setting, but it makes no difference, we still get what appears to be published pricing.

Thanks,
Jim Bovard

SYSOPS
08-30-2004, 12:58 PM
You would need to create your own CWT rate tables.
Browse out to program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3\UPSRates\CWT
Make a copy of these
Modify your own rate tables (UPS rep should be able to provide those tables) to look like the default tables
Launch ShipRush and test

SYSOPS

Jim Bovard
08-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Hello Sys Ops.

I did as you suggested. I copies the files in CWT and replaced them witht current Tier 6 custom rates that we get from UPS. No Success.

Problem: ShipRush says "not enough infomation to calculate shipping rates".

I have verified that the shipment is over 200 lbs. I get this same message wheither I am using the regular CWT file or the new one I just created.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim Bovard

SYSOPS
08-31-2004, 11:35 AM
Did you change the setting in ShipRush to a different level (for the CWT Tier)? If so, change that back.

I would get back to baseline on the settings and the CWT files. Make sure you get the rates from the default CWT files, then close ShipRush and replace with your modified files.

SYSOPS

Jim Bovard
09-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Hello Sys Ops,
I check and made the corrections you suggested. I now have Ship Rush calculating a price for CWT. I check and we are using the origional defalt program file (gndcwt.cvs), but before I load a new custom file, the defalt program calculations are way off. Example, a 207 lbs shipment is pricing at published rates ($84.69) on Comm Ground, and when we check the Hundred weight box the new CWT price is $122.46.

I have never altered the origional grncwt.cvs file and it is way high. I also made a duplicate of this file and My UPS rep and I manually typed in the correct data for our Tier 6 CWT pricing, but the same thing happens when we try to run it. The program will calculate a price, but on it was $104.85 on the same shipment loaded above. Same zip codes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Bovard
09-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Hello Sys Ops,
I check and made the corrections you suggested. I now have Ship Rush calculating a price for CWT. I check and we are using the origional defalt program file (gndcwt.cvs), but before I load a new custom file, the defalt program calculations are way off. Example, a 207 lbs shipment is pricing at published rates ($84.69) on Comm Ground, and when we check the Hundred weight box the new CWT price is $122.46.

I have never altered the origional grncwt.cvs file and it is way high. I also made a duplicate of this file and My UPS rep and I manually typed in the correct data for our Tier 6 CWT pricing, but the same thing happens when we try to run it. The program will calculate a price, but on it was $104.85 on the same shipment loaded above. Same zip codes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim

SYSOPR
09-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Two itemlets here:

a) What ShipRush calculates is NOT what you will be charged. You will be charged according to your contract in the UPS computer. So, don't worry about billing.

b) Yes, it is very important that ShipRush give you the correct numbers. The problem Z-Firm has had is that UPS has done a poor job of specifying the math used to calculate CWT rates. The next cut of ShipRush has several improvements in this area.

Jim Bovard
09-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Sys Ops,

Thanks for the help. I realize UPS is part of the equation. Do you know when the timing of the next release is that includes the improved calulations.

I also understand the Z-Firm Price is no what we are charged, but its kind of like balancing your bank account and the deposits being way off. I can handle being a $1 or $2 off, But the correct CWT is double here vs. regular ground. - It should be a $60-65 charge with CWT. ShipRush calculates the CWT at $122.00, and is $40 higher than regulart gound service($84.00).

Can you tell me what the default formula is suppose to be for CWT and can I check it against what is in my forumula is in my system files?

Thank for your help & time.

Regards,
Jim

SYSOPR
09-03-2004, 01:49 PM
The update should be out in the next 1-2 weeks (I have been told).

The formula won't help much, I am afraid. It is a calculation issue inside the software.

tdickerson
09-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Any update as to when a fix will be issued? We are having the same trouble.

Thanks.

-Tom Dickerson

SYSOPS
09-21-2004, 11:13 AM
We are working on the update currently.

Once an update is available that information will be posted in the forums under the announcements area.

SYSOPS

tdickerson
10-08-2004, 05:13 AM
Still nothing on this?

SYSOPS
10-08-2004, 06:19 AM
Still being worked on. I hope to have it released soon.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
10-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Sorry for the delay on this release. We are working on making it clean for ShipRush SDK users, which is a lot of work.

Please note that even the new cut is not going to handle custom/contract CWT rating. If you have a contract, and want ShipRush to display the contract CWT rates, custom rate tables need to be created.