PDA

View Full Version : Cannot load URC File

Taarik
01-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Hello everyone!

I have just installed UPS 4.7 Basic on top of my FedEx 4.7 installation. Everything seems to be configured right, but I am getting and error when starting UPS 4.7 Basic:

Unable to load URC file "c:\documents and settings\administrator.antonsystems.000\applicatio n data\z-firm llc\shiprush v4\URC.TXT". The URC system is not yet in the ShipRush database. Reboot the ShipRush server PC. Manually load the URC if this problem persists.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Taarik.

SYSOPR
01-04-2007, 10:55 AM
This sounds like maybe you selected UPS Pro mode during the wizard?

Maybe?

Taarik
01-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Thank you for the response.

I highly doubt that I installed as UPS Pro. I did a clean reinstall of ShipRush, then installed FedEx, then installed UPS Basic.

Is there a way to remove a carrier?

SYSOPS
01-04-2007, 11:16 AM
No. Uninstall will remove all carriers. If you click OK, does it allow ShipRush to launch all the way, or does it stop you at that prompt again?

SYSOPS

Taarik
01-04-2007, 12:22 PM
The program asks me to locate the ShipRush database and gives me a choice of the server location (local), or the actual path.

Taarik
01-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Okay...here is what I did:

1. Uninstalled program.
2. Removed registry entries:
- HLKM>Software>Z-Firm>Shiprush v4
- HKCU>Software>Z-Firm>Shiprush v4
3. Removed c:\program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v4
4. Removed c:\documents and settings\administrator\application settings\z-firm llc\shiprush v4

Then I restarted the machine and began an install of UPS Basic (which seems to be no different from the UPS Pro install program (except the name).

After installation was complete and configuration began, I was not asked for my license code. After continuing through, I was given the option to choose between a daily pickup account and a occasional/as needed account (correct).

So, on testing, the program seems to work, but I haven't restarted the machine as yet. The last time, I restarted the machine and then the problem arose, but the installation was a little fishy, since I didn't enter my license code. So I tried re-installing again. This time, I renamed c:\Program Files\Z-Firm LLC\InstallLogs to OLD InstallLogs. I also performed the steps I outlined above, leaving out the reboot.

When I ran the installation, the same symptoms as above occurred.