PDA

View Full Version : Email templates vs. email sent by Endicia

LorraineM
02-08-2007, 03:25 PM
I have set up a custom email thru SR to notify customers of their tracking number. This is under Endicia/Notifications in the settings.

I believe that is working fine. However, it seems that Endicia is also sending a very short email to our customers. I prefer that this not occur - I only want the customized email sent to our customers. Any way to stop Endicia from sending their email?

SYSOPS
02-09-2007, 06:33 AM
I will pass thing along to development.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

SYSOPS

SYSOPS
02-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I am unable to replicate this. Does the email from Endicia show up immediately, or the next morning?

SYSOPS

LorraineM
02-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Have investigated with your tech support, and seems it was a momentary glitch in which the Endicia email was sent instead of our custom template. However, it has happened more than once in the past week. Two customers have emailed asking us what Endicia is, or complaining that the email could have at least identified the carrier. What they are getting is:

"My Company Name" has sent you a shipment via Endicia
The tracking number is: 9101148008600220715252

Would love to get this fixed. This email is not professional or complete. If the system cannot be relied upon to always send the proper email, perhaps Endicia will add more information to their default email; such as carrier (USPS), stating that the tracking number is a Delivery Confirmation number, a link to the USPS website tracking page, and excluding the Endicia name. That way when the glitch happens, at least the email is more informative.

SYSOPR
02-15-2007, 04:07 PM
This is odd. Historically, the endicia servers did not send any email notifications.

We are working on it with them. It is open under ZF Case 13206.

LorraineM
02-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Thank you. To clarify, I don't know that the email comes from Endicia. The "From" name and the "Subject" line are what we have in our settings under:

Endicia Account / Notifications

So it is gathering info from there. It just seems to sometimes not use the template we have created, but sends that two line statement instead.

SYSOPR
02-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Here is the information we need to pursue this:

a) Do you use only ShipRush, or do you use ShipRush and Dazzle?

b) Please post a copy of one of the problem emails. Please be sure to include all email header information (all the TO and FROM info) -- the Endicia guys say their server never sends an email, so we need to figure out where this email is coming from!

Thanks!

LorraineM
02-16-2007, 11:21 AM
We use only ShipRush. We do not have Dazzle installed.

Can I email you the email with headers? I don't want our email address on a public forum.

I have Scott's email address - can I send it to him?

SYSOPS
02-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Sure. That is fine.

SYSOPS

LorraineM
02-16-2007, 11:36 AM
All emails from customers complaining about this did not contain the entire header. I have emailed one requesting the full email be forwarded.

In the meantime, I'm fairly certain it comes from ShipRush, as the "From" name (ie our company name) and the "Subject" line are what we have in our settings under:

Endicia Account / Notifications

It just seems that the system is not calling in our email template file when this occurs, but rather sending that simple 2 line message that comes from somewhere.

Once I receive the email with full heading, I will forward to Scott.

LorraineM
02-22-2007, 01:51 PM
I have one of those emails now. I emailed it to Scott today. I hope this helps you identify the problem. Thanks!

SYSOPS
02-22-2007, 02:02 PM
OK....so let's look at this:

Do you have ShipRush setup on more than one PC, or do multiple people log into the same PC to user ShipRush (different user profiles)?

The reason I ask is that the email is the default email template from ShipRush, if you don't set one up, or select the more detailed email template. Wondering if it's possible that it's properly configured on one PC or under one user profile, and not configured correctly on the other. To check, go into settings | shipping settings | notifications and double check what is set as the email template. Set correctly for each instance of ShipRush installed?

Please let me know,
SYSOPS

LorraineM
02-23-2007, 02:16 PM
You know, I thought of that also because that would be the obvious problem. I had checked, and it appeared that both users had the proper template. But on further examination, after your post, that 2-line default email was showing in the edit window when I went into the template, even though the address of the file appeared to go to the proper place (in a shared file folder). I browsed and choose the file again to be sure it was properly set up, and then our email template appeared in the edit window.

So, I believe it is corrected! Thank you for the suggestion.