PDA

View Full Version : How do I ship from RMS POS?

randy@soend.com
02-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Hello,

I have set up ship rush with microsoft RMS before, and I remember that it works great once it is up and running. I have installed it for a new client, and I think I've pretty much got it, but I need to know what to enter for the shipping carrier URL's in RMS Store Ops Manager. I seem to remember that instead of entering a URL, I enter the path to a specific Ship Rush file. there should be one for "Main", "Shipping", and "tracking".

basically, i have installed Ship Rush Basic, and want to ship directly from MS POS's "Ctrl-Shift F8 Edit Shipping" button.

thanks very much for the help!

-randy

SYSOPS
02-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Using ShipRush UPS v4?

If so, please refer to the following:
Right now you cannot pass a carrier switch in a URL. Limitation in IE, or in RMS, not sure right now.

Work around currently:
Create a bat file for the carrier(s) that you need.

Example for UPS:
@echo off
"c:\program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v4\shiprush4.exe" /carrier=ups /popup

Now target that bat file as the trigger for the Shipping URL in ctrl+shift+f8 (shipping queue).

HTH,
SYSOPS

randy@soend.com
02-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Thanks, that seemed to work great! is there a similar batch file for tracking shipping, that would pass the tracking number stored in RMS to Ship Rush and track the order from UPS? thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

SYSOPS
02-14-2007, 08:42 AM
We don't do anything with the tracking URL in RMS. If you wish to track the package, you would need to put in the tracking URL from the carrier into the settings in RMS. Not sure if RMS will pass the tracking # to the URL automatically for you or not.

Other way to track a package is to go into View Shipments in ShipRush and find the package and track from there.

SYSOPS

randy@soend.com
02-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks, I appreciate your help. ship rush does still automatically add the tracking number back into RMS after an order has been shipped, right? that's my last question...

SYSOPS
02-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes it does.

SYSOPS

randy@soend.com
02-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Hello, I have two questions:

The software was purchased by Lekker Unique Home Furnishings, through JD Associates of Leominster MA (JD Associates is a business partner of ZFirm). So Lekker does have a licensed copy. We want to move the software from the computer that it is on to a different computer. I installed the software on the new computer, how can I copy over the license info to the new machine, so I don't have to run in demo mode? We will not be using it on the old computer anymore, so we shouldn't have to buy additional licensing, right?

Also, for some reason, there is a problem copying the address from RMS to shiprush. It will work once, and then not again, until I close and reopen shiprush. Is this possibly because we're running in demo mode?

thanks for your help!

SYSOPS
02-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Email has been sent to your email Randy with the license information for Lekker. If you do not receive it, please contact Customer Service at 206.812.7874 to get that information sent to you.

As far as ShipRush only working once, it's not due to being in demo mode. Does it come up on the second attempt? if so, any errors?

SYSOPS

randy@soend.com
02-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Hello,

I have licensed the product, thanks for your help with that...

when I try to ship again, it still fails. I'll walk you through a scenario, starting where both RMS and ShipRush are closed on the computer (i.e. shiprush is not showing in bottom right of screen... although the symptoms described below occur exactly the same when ShipRush IS opened at the bottom right of the screen before I enter RMS):

1: I open RMS POS. I go to Crtl-Shift F8, "edit shipping" key.

2: I bring up the record I want to ship's properites, and click on "Ship"

3: At this point, the RMS Store Operations browser appears, and in the address bar it says "C:\South End Consulting\ShipRush.bat" which is where my batch file is located. Also, a window comes up saying "Some Files can harm your computer. If the file information looks suspicious, or you do not fully trust the source, do not open or save this file. File Name: ShipRush.bat File Type: MS-DOS Batch File From C:\South End Consulting. Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer?

4: I click on Open

5: I see the batch file start to run, and eventually the Ship Rush interface pops up. But with no address information from RMS populating the address fields.

6: I hit "Close" on ShipRush and am returned to the RMS Shipping properties page.

7: I click on "Ship" again, and again am asked if I trust the batch file. I say "Open" again, see ShipRush open up, and this time the address fields are populated. I can then finish the shipment.

8: After this, it will not copy anymore address fields into ShipRush from RMS. I have to close ShipRush and RMS POS and start over again, at which point, I can ship one more package, and then keep closing and reopening both programs.

SYSOPS
02-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Try this:

Avoid using the bat file and the Ship button in RMS
Open the item in ctrl+shift+f8
Double click on the ShipRush icon in the system tray

Does it populate correctly? If so, try it again? If it populates correctly, that means that the batch file is stepping on something. Hanging popup or message from RMS in the background?

SYSOPS

randy@soend.com
02-22-2007, 06:06 AM
Hello, when clicking on the ShipRush icon in the system tray, it works every time! I will have my client ship using this procedure, instead of clicking on "Ship", because it seems to be working just fine, writing back tracking numbers, etc... Is there any drawback I can't see?

As far as the batch file stepping on something, I don't know what it might be; I used the batch file exactly as suggested. The message asking me if I trust that file might be what's stopping me, but I don't need to get this resolved if it works out of the system tray. thanks for your help!

SYSOPS
02-22-2007, 06:36 AM
No drawbacks, and is probably faster than clicking the Ship button in RMS due to the prompts about security.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
02-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Hello!

If you are still stuggling with this, maybe give us a call ?

No sense dragging this out.....

randy@soend.com
02-23-2007, 06:59 AM
Thanks, I'm thrilled with the service I've received from this community forum, you guys did a great job handling this issue! One last question: Has the integration been certified on RMS 2.0? the client wishes to upgrade from 1.3, and we want to be sure it won't affect the integration with ShipRush.

SYSOPS
02-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Currently, no. We are hoping to be able to support v2.0 of RMS in 4 to 6 weeks.

Please check back in with us regarding v2.0 support.

SYSOPS

randy@soend.com
04-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello, I was wondering if any progress has been made certifying ShipRush with RMS 2.0?

SYSOPS
04-27-2007, 05:53 AM
I don't know about official certification with RMS 2.0, but I do know that the v5 beta (see announcements sub-forum) works with RMS 2.0.

There are several in the field that have it installed wtih v2.0 currently.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
04-27-2007, 08:02 AM
ShipRush v5 (available in the announcement areas of this forum) fully works with RMS v2

There is no Microsoft certification process for add ons to RMS. So ShipRush v5 is as 'certified' as ShipRush v4 ever was...

randy@soend.com
05-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Hello,

I am continuing to have trouble with ShipRush and RMS V2.0. ShipRush is no longer writing the tracking numbers back into RMS. I am running ShipRush BAsic version 5 for RMS, and the setting to "write back tracking info" is checked off. RMS is having no trouble writing the shipping info to Ship Rush, and ShipRush v5 was writing back the tracking info for a few days, and then all of the sudden it seems to have stopped doing so. No new applications have been added or removed to the computer, which adds to my confusion. In any event, could I please have some suggestions about how to proceed with fixing this?

SYSOPS
05-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Go into Settings | Program settings | CM Settings
Put the check in for manual install of the POS Plugin
Uninstall the plugin and close RMS
Verify settings in ShipRush for the SQL connection to RMS
Click Manually install plugin
Launch RMS and test

SYSOPS