PDA

View Full Version : Error messaage when a foreign address is part of customer info

LorraineM
02-15-2007, 02:35 PM
We are using ShipRush with Quickbooks. We are using Sales Receipts, and instructing ShipRush to gather the Ship To name and address, hybrid mode.

We have many customers who live outside of the US, but want their package sent to the US. When ShipRush reads the Sales Receipt to gather the name and address from the Ship To section, it apparently is seeing the foreign address in the Bill to section and is not happy about it. We receive this error message:

No address information available. Please check the address.

Therefore, we are unable to use ShipRush to bring in the information to create a label for these customers. We have to use a Blank Shipment screen.

Can this be fixed?

Also, any way to ship to a US Possession address? We get same error message when using a US Possesion address. We have not been able to use ShipRush on these packages - we have at least one per day.

SYSOPS
02-15-2007, 02:38 PM
At this time ShipRush reads both the Ship To and Bill To windows, and if either are not US format US addresses, you will get that error.

Best option when shipping with QuickBooks that involve INTL address in either window is to key the data into the airbill manually. This has been passed along to development as a suggestion already.

Currently, all shipping via Postal is restricted to US addresses only, and military.

SYSOPS

LorraineM
02-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Thank you for your answer to my first concern. I look forward to the possible change.

Regarding a US Possessions address, such as this:

Customer Name
PO Box 1234
Christiansted, VI 00823
US POSSESSIONS

If we removed US POSSESSIONS from the 4th line of address, and moved it to the second street address line, such as:

Customer Name
PO Box 1234
US POSSESSIONS
Christiansted, VI 00823

do you know if the post office accept it? That way we could make it work in SR

SYSOPR
02-15-2007, 04:13 PM
If there is a city/state/zip that is valid, the line US POSSESSIONS is not needed.

LorraineM
02-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Great! Problem solved!

Thank you

LorraineM
03-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Actually, problem is not solved. We removed the US POSSESSIONS line, but the problem now is that the two letter code for the possession (same as state code) are not in ShipRush, so we cannot create a label. For instance, there is no VI for Virgin Islands, or PR for Puerto Rico. Is there another code to be used?

SYSOPR
03-06-2007, 05:19 PM
This is being worked on under ZF Case 13319. Please allow us a few days.

Thank you for using ShipRush!

LorraineM
03-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Thank you!! How will I get the fix?

SYSOPR
03-07-2007, 01:44 PM
This issue has been resolved as part of ShipRush v5, builds .2033 and higher.

If you participate in the ShipRush v5 beta, you will have access to it sooner... otherwise as part of ShipRush v5 when it is released.

Thank you very much for the heads up on this!

LorraineM
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
How can I participate? I'm also looking forward to changes to scale weight rounding up, and any changes to Express Mail with regard to my other post. The sooner we are able to use these changes, the sooner we'll save time.

LorraineM
04-17-2007, 09:34 AM
I have beta v5. I thought the US Possessions issue was going to be fixed with this new version. It seems that a change has been made, because the state code now includes PR and VI, but it still is not working properly. This is what occurred:

We attempted to prepare a Priority and First Class label to two locations: Puerto Rico (PR) and Virgin Islands (VI). Those codes are on the list of States, but when we process the label we receive an error message:

PR (or VI) is not a US State.

We were therefore unable to prepare the label. Please look into this.

SYSOPS
04-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Have brought this to development's attention.

SYSOPS

LorraineM
05-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Is this fixed in the final v5???

SYSOPR
05-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Is this fixed in the final v5???

Does look like it!

I just did a shipment to VI with ShipRush USPS, and it works fine.