PDA

View Full Version : Error Message when attempting to ship to validated address

MStice
02-27-2007, 03:01 PM
I have been trying to use ShipRush for a package that I know has a valid address. I have been receiving an error message that states that the address is unknown, even though I have validated this address through Endicia and the USPS online postal service. I am pulling the address from the "Ship to" address in QB 2007 and it is nothing unusual. A domestic address, no usual symbols, same as the billing address. I have had success with previous labels, so I'm not sure why this one is not working...

SYSOPS
02-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Can you post the address here, or send the address info to support at zfirmllc dot com? The Endicia and USPS server that we talk to are doing the validation, so we would need to pass that along to those folks.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPR
02-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Hmmmm. Something must be off.

Also, are you sure the FROM address validates on usps.com ?

MStice
02-28-2007, 08:47 AM
The from address is the company address and yes, it is validated on USPS.
I also did validate the "ship to" address through USPS and Endicia and both say that yes, it is a valid, verified address. Here it is though, if you'd like to try it:
10100 Lawyers Rd.
Vienna, Virginia 22181

I should also mention it happened again this morning with this address:
1860 Roundfield Lane
Manakin Sabot, Virginia 23103

I know the program is working though, because I have also successfully created labels before and after these ones. (Although of the 6 labels I have created since I installed this program for the first time yesterday, 2 have not worked, so overall, the failure rate is not good!)
any help would be appreciated as my goal is to stop using Click N Ship altogether.

SYSOPR
02-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Is this problem seen in ShipRush USPS or in ShipRush Endicia?

SYSOPS
02-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I have been unable to produce this error with either ShipRush for USPS or for Endicia.

That information comes back to us from either USPS or Endicia, as they do the address check when the item is submitted when you click Ship.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
02-28-2007, 01:07 PM
To clarify!

Z-Firm has tried both ShipRush USPS and Endicia, and we can ship fine to the addresses you posted.

The next step would be to process a shipment and let it throw the error. Then move the error to the side a bit, and take a screen shot that clearly shows:

The FROM and TO address
The Service
The error message

Then post the screen shot.

That way we can see the 'whole picture'

Thank you!

(Steps to take and post a screen shot are in the FAQ link above)

MStice
03-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Hello, I've attached a snapshot as per your request. I have continued to create labels from Shiprush (powered by Endicia) and still find every 4th or 5th label to have this exact problem. (and all addresses are fine and should work.) I also have another problem that may or may not be related, so thought I should mention it: I get the following message after creating (successful) labels. That message is: Trying to send email notification but the SMTP server name is not valid. (This pops up after EVERY label I create.)
I am still using the demo version, as I only signed up for this service recently - could that also be contributing to the issues I am having? How do I go about getting a "license number"? I tried to go to the link that your site points you to for this, but it just pulls up the standard info page for shiprush (powered by Endicia). So, i can't really find where to get this info, and I (think) I've searched in the obvious areas on the website.

SYSOPS
03-05-2007, 06:47 AM
OK.
No address information available:
- Please have the City State Zip entered into both Ship To and Bill in USPS Standards. State spelled out will cause this error message.

Error on sending email notification:
- Please go into Settings | Shipping Settings | Advanced | Email Settings and configure ShipRush to use your SMTP server, or your MAPI email client. ShipRush is trying to send an email notification, but cannot due to incomplete configuration.

To configure the email message sent out, go to Notifications under the Shipping Account to set that up.

SYSOPS