PDA

View Full Version : Other Issues

MaintAdmin
09-22-2004, 01:20 PM
HELP: I got ShipRush installed and all worked well. I had to move the ShipRush server to another pc because of some internal issues here. Now it won't commission. It says it won't connect to the www.upslinkvendor.ups.com site. I checked on the ups direct setup secreen and did the test and it said everything was ok.

One problem at at time...
After this is fixed, how do I move the db's from the other pc to this new pc?

SYSOPS
09-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Is there a particular error # returned, like 53610?

If so, please refer to the kbase article at:
http://www.zfirm.com/knowledge_bases/shiprush/sr3p-023.txt

As far as moving databases from the old to the new machine. There is a util in the shiprush v3 folder called shiprushdbmanager.exe.

This allows you to save a system state and then restore that on another machine.

Once you get the new install to commission correctly, then we can move forward with this. There are some detailed steps on moving the database, so let's do one item at a time.

SYSOPS

MaintAdmin
09-22-2004, 01:42 PM
MORE INFO: the error is in PROCESS.ADDSHIPPER and the number at the end of the error is: 53610. I also tried to use dial-up to commission and got the same results.

MaintAdmin
09-22-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm reading the info at your link. This is now on an SBS2003 box with ISA 2000 running. Port 80 and 443 are OPEN.

SYSOPS
09-22-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm not overly concerned about the ports. I'm concerned about the 4 baseline items:

Baseline #1: Check that the PC Date and Time are correct AND that the system
time zone is correct. Check the time zone by going to:
-Control Panel
-Date and Time
-Check the date, time and time zone--all of these MUST be correct!

Baseline #2: Check that no spyware is running (www.earthlink.net has a free
spyware scanner)

Baseline #3: Personal firewall products (Zone Alarm, Norton Personal Firewall, Black
Ice Defender, etc.) MUST be configured to allow these applications to
access the internet:
-gethostip.exe
-ShipRushServer.exe

Baseline #4: Has Stamps.com software been installed? Has the stamps.com
web site been visited? If so, see the section below.

These must be walked through on that PC. You know it works on your network from a different PC, so this must be specific and environmental to the new computer.

SYSOPS

MaintAdmin
09-22-2004, 01:59 PM
#1=is correct
#2=no spyware
#3=no personal firewall
#4=never installed on this pc or any others on network.

SYSOPS
09-22-2004, 02:04 PM
And since this is SBS2003, does it have its own built in firewall at all, and is it running?

I know that SP2 for XP and Win2003 do have a firewall built in. I wonder if this is blocking the connection.

Under the Advanced Tab in the properties for the LAN you will find that option. If enabled, disable it and see if that then works.

SYSOPS

MaintAdmin
09-22-2004, 02:15 PM
No, SBS2003 doesn't have the built-in firewall, but it does have ISA.

MaintAdmin
09-22-2004, 02:36 PM
OK, got it commissioned. ISA did not have port 443 opened. I created a Packet Filter opening port 443 specifically on this computer and all is well!

Not the db part. Unfortunately, Ship Rush has already been uninstalled on that first computer. Now what can I do??

SYSOPS
09-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Not much since we need ShipRush installed in order to do a Save State on the original PC (the save state gathers information from the database, registry, etc).

Without ShipRush fully installed I will not be able to grab a valid Save State from that machine.

You can grab the PLD folder from the first computer and you will at least have reference material about old shipments.

SYSOPS

MaintAdmin
09-22-2004, 02:45 PM
What about anything shipped today from a client pc (not the server). Is that info on that pc or was that on the server pc?

SYSOPS
09-22-2004, 02:49 PM
The client PC (if installed as a workstation for ShipRush UPS v3 Pro) puts the data on the server pc. Nothing about the shipments is stored locally on the workstation.

SYSOPS

MaintAdmin
09-22-2004, 02:52 PM
So am I SOL as far as that shipment data goes? Should I just reinstall ShipRush as a Workstation on the old pc that was the ShipRush Server? That is my original intent. What can I do about the package data for UPS?

SYSOPS
09-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Since you uninstalled ShipRush on that PC, there isn't much else I can give you as far as support. If you were doing live shipments from that older installation, it should have been left as-is until the new system was installed.

You may be able to re-install ShipRush on that PC as the server and get to the data, but I do not have a way to save that data now, nor a way to upload that data. Registry information may no longer be correct for your account and UPS information.

How many packages? If not many, UPS will take them. Won't be happy to do that.

If you are going to re-install ShipRush on that PC as a workstation, either rename or delete the following folders before install:
program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3
documents and settings\username\application data\z-firm llc\shiprush v3

SYSOPS

MaintAdmin
09-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks for your help tonight!