PDA

View Full Version : Beta keeps asking for serial number

surferBoy
03-28-2007, 04:02 PM
I have to enter a serial number everytime I start it up. This is true for both fedex and usps (endicia).

Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you.

SYSOPR
03-28-2007, 04:23 PM
What version of windows are you on?

surferBoy
03-29-2007, 09:40 AM
XP . . . and whatever the latest SP is . . .

SYSOPR
03-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Perhaps you have an antivirus or antispywhere application that is blocking ShipRush?

Try disabling that app, then go through the SR serial stage... then perhaps it sticks?

surferBoy
03-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Hi, It doesnt stick. I have permanently disabled Mcafee on my PC for that last 6 months since I've been using shiprush. And I dont believe in firewalls . . . what you dotn download cant harm u :-).

For what its worth:

1) I'm using both fedex and enidica (shiprush).

Tweaks I'd like . . .

1) The default weights (in bulk mode) look like they are stored in 1 location for both fedex & endicia, so you have to overload the default everytime. For example, I typically ship USPS First, so I set to 0.4 . . .then when I switch to Fedex it shows 0.4 . . . i change it 2.0 . . . once I'm done, I close out, log back in next day to endicia and have to change back to 0.4 . . .

2) Change the LOCATION of the REF label (prints out ebay ID) to the TOP of the label on the Fedex Version. PLUS allow us to control that field in the bulk mode shipping mode so we can write our own internal part number . . . otherwise I have to go thru 200 labels every & label them individually.

Now, pass this on to your DEV's . . .
GREAT / AWESOME / KICKA$$ PRODUCT ... sure beats the heck out of me writing my own software (too lazy).

Thank you.

SYSOPR
03-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi, It doesnt stick.

We are looking into this under ZF Case 13509

Tweaks I'd like . . .

1) The default weights (in bulk mode) look like they are stored in 1 location for both fedex & endicia, so you have to overload the default everytime. For example, I typically ship USPS First, so I set to 0.4 . . .then when I switch to Fedex it shows 0.4 . . . i change it 2.0 . . . once I'm done, I close out, log back in next day to endicia and have to change back to 0.4 . . .

Good one. Not sure how feasible, but we will look into it.

Filed under ZF Case 13510

2) Change the LOCATION of the REF label (prints out ebay ID) to the TOP of the label on the Fedex Version.

Are you using a zebra thermal printer or laser printer?

If I understand you, the real goal is to have the REF print in the same part of the label across USPS and FedEx, yes?

PLUS allow us to control that field in the bulk mode shipping mode so we can write our own internal part number . . . otherwise I have to go thru 200 labels every & label them individually.

Well, we have you covered there!

In Beta3, open up bulk, right click, choose Customize Columns.

Reference should be on the list.

Drag it over to the bulk grid

Presto!

And it is writable in the Bulk grid.....

Warm?

Thank you for the good words!!

surferBoy
03-30-2007, 09:54 AM
OH MAMA!!! YOu have ref already there!!! WOW . . . I actually wanna WORK (less)!!!

I have a ZEBRA LP2844. I know the USPS ref prints out first thing on TOP and is easy to read . . .on the FEDEX it prints out somewhere in the middle of the label . . . in small text, much harder to read, it'd be nice if you could change it so it prints ON TOP like the USPS labels.

NOT JUST WARM .. . HOT STUFF . . .

SYSOPA
03-30-2007, 11:47 AM
I have to enter a serial number everytime I start it up. This is true for both fedex and usps (endicia).

What does the licensing dialog say to you when it asks for the license? Demo mode expired, invalid license, something else? Could post a screenshot of the licensing screen?

Thank you

Alex

surferBoy
03-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I've attached the screen shot tothis message.

http://forums.zfirm.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=266&stc=1

SYSOPA
04-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Very strange...

We would need to contact you via email and try to figure it out on your PC. Could you please send your name/email/serial number to support AT zfirmllc DOT com

Thank you

surferBoy
04-02-2007, 10:34 AM
JUST EMAILED as requested.

SYSOPS
04-02-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm looking at the license right now, and maybe the issue is you need a single license to work with ShipRush for eBay with the multiple carriers. Will email you out a new license and try that (works for both FDX and Endicia).

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
05-01-2007, 02:06 PM

Say there...

The above made it in the release cut of ShipRush 5.0.... (build 2153 and up).

ZF Case 13510