PDA

View Full Version : Double printing names (again)

Mike A.
04-13-2007, 07:29 PM
I understand your rationale for why it was done that way, but it really looks bad and everyone who looks at the labels comments on it. Makes me look bad or like I don't know what I'm doing and also reflects poorly on you since your company's name is on the label as the source.

There must be a better solution. Can't you implement it so that the only time that's in effect is for those services that actually need it?

I can pretty much guarantee that this is something that you're going to hear over and over from just about everyone who tries the program.

SYSOPR
04-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Mike,

We appreciate that you notice it, and that it irks you. However, there are many (many) thousands of users, and the only person to bring it up so far in 2007 is you (and perhaps one other on the earlier thread).

Mike A.
04-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Mike,

We appreciate that you notice it, and that it irks you. However, there are many (many) thousands of users, and the only person to bring it up so far in 2007 is you (and perhaps one other on the earlier thread).

Well, there are a lot of things that people don't comment on, including some things that clearly aren't working properly. Look at the very few/no posts here regarding some known issues. Given that several of us have commented on this aspect specifically within the few posts here probably says more. And if you were to ask users which would be preferred, I think the answer would be very clear.

Looking at it in an objective way, it's just a poor choice to implement a solution to the need for specific data elements in one case to negatively affect all other cases. Particularly so in such a visible way that's apparent to not only to your users but to their customers as well. You guys seem to have some real resistance to this issue for some reason, so I'm assuming that given how you've done things a change to correct this is more broad and complicated than it might appear. I certainly can understand and appreciate that, but still doesn't make it right. ; )

Even though I very much like the program, this one thing is enough of an issue that it's making me continue to look elsewhere because of that alone. Not that it in itself is a major problem, but I've spent a lot of time, money and resources to present my products and business in the best possible way, as most have, and it just plain looks sloppy. I wouldn't want to live with a shopping cart system that forced display of my logo twice on every page either (and I doubt that you would). Granted it's a little thing, but a very visible little thing. Maybe it's just me that feels that way, but I kinda doubt it. And just to be clear, my objective here is isn't just to complain or argue the issue, I'm trying to be helpful and offer constructive criticisms because I DO like the program; otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Also, note that this same substitution also happens in the notication e-mails if both name and company are used in the template. Clearly there's no need in that context.

SYSOPR
04-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Thank you for the write up.

We certainly want ShipRush to 'be all it can be' and will try to attend to this in the future.

As mentioned earlier, every piece of software has a philosophy behind it. The philosophy of ShipRush is to be hands down efficient (in terms of time and effort).

Label aesthetics are not a ShipRush goal, because Z-Firm has no control over label layout, etc (that is regulated by USPS, the shipping carriers, etc.).

So in the ShipRush hierarchy of values, if we can achieve user efficiency, we always will lean in that direction.

Thank you very much for your input on this (and on other subjects)! It is very helpful.