PDA

View Full Version : And while I'm complaining... re Order Manager

Mike A.
04-13-2007, 07:53 PM
The Order Manager for PayPal is very nice! : )

A few little nit picks:

- The counter for new items (the number in parens) is not always accurate. Right now I have 10 items total in that screen, 3 of which are new, and the counter says (8).

- If using ebay and PayPal, you end up with duplicates for all items that are paid through PayPal. Not sure how you'd resolve this since both are valid when pulled independently and no big deal really.

- I made the mistake of compressing a few columns and now I can't seem to get them back to them to resize or reorder. Is there some way to select/resize a fully compressed column?

- It would be nice to be able to tag these to a specific profile to automatically generate the appropriate company name, address, notification, etc., when you hit ship. The tag is there with marketplace and web store, but doesn't seem to tie into the profiles.

Overall though a very nice job and it will save me a ton of time.

SYSOPS
04-16-2007, 05:25 AM
- I made the mistake of compressing a few columns and now I can't seem to get them back to them to resize or reorder. Is there some way to select/resize a fully compressed column?
May be a bit tricky, but you should be able to go into the screen, right click on an open area in the list, and select customize columns. From there you'll probably need to pull out columns, and then you should be able to see the ones that are compressed and re-size from there.

I will let development address your other items.

SYSOPS

Mike A.
04-16-2007, 06:03 AM
The box that's displayed when you right click and select customize columns only includes those elements that are not already displayed. It will let me add new columns, but it doesn't let me do anything with those that are already added to the form.

Try sliding several adjacent columns at the end of the form completely closed and then try to resize them and you should see what I mean.

SYSOPS
04-16-2007, 06:29 AM
I know what you are describing. Remove those columns that you can still see (drag them to the customize column box) until you don't see any additional. At that point, hover your mouse over the column header, and you should see a resize. Resize the first one that you can, drag off, and continue until you get them back.

Have reported this development to keep the size of the column to x # of pixels, so they don't completely disappear.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
04-16-2007, 11:00 AM
RE: The lost column headers: Here is a possible resolution...

Exit ShipRush completely.

Find your OrderManagerSettings.ini:

Start | Run
paste in this: %userprofile%\Application Data\Z-Firm LLC\OrderManager

Now you should see the ini

Make a backup copy of it!!!

Carefully delete just the <GRIDLAYOUT> section (the entire section, from <GRIDLAYOUT> to </GRIDLAYOUT> including the tags themselves)

Also, if appro, delete this section: <BULKGRIDLAYOUT>

Start SR

See if that gets you back in gear.

(ZF Case 13559)

SYSOPA
04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
- The counter for new items (the number in parens) is not always accurate. Right now I have 10 items total in that screen, 3 of which are new, and the counter says (8).

The "new items" counter shows ALL new items
The grid view shows items filtered by DATE (usually for today only)

So it is possible that you have new items that are not visible in the current date range (item that was sold last week for example)

We implemented it this way so sellers always know that there are items that they have not touched/shipped yet, even though these items do not show up in the current date range.

Does it make sense? Or would you rather see the number of new items from the grid view only?

SYSOPR
04-16-2007, 12:26 PM
- It would be nice to be able to tag these to a specific profile to automatically generate the appropriate company name, address, notification, etc., when you hit ship. The tag is there with marketplace and web store, but doesn't seem to tie into the profiles.

This is a good suggestion. We are tracking it under ZF Case 13560 (It won't be in 5.0, however.)

Mike A.
04-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Got it. That makes sense to me now that I understand what it's counting.

Just looked strange to have the counter showing a different number versus what was displayed. For example, I had cleared out everything in that view and I still had the counter showing a number and was wondering what the heck it was that it was counting that I wasn't seeing.

I think it's probably fine as is given your explanation.

Mike A.
04-17-2007, 06:27 AM
That worked. Thanks.

It's easy to resize the columns even when you don't intend to when dragging things back to the list of fields. If you don't get it just right and happen to grab on the resize bar instead of the column heading, then it completely compresses the column when you try to drag it back to the list.

Deleteing everything and then repopulating the grid as suggested in your other reply gets rid of them but, since it maintains the previous size, if you add them back, then they're added completely compressed again.

In any case, forcing a few spaces to be maintained at minimum would take care of it.

Thanks again.

SYSOPR
04-17-2007, 09:35 AM
In any case, forcing a few spaces to be maintained at minimum would take care of it.

It looks like the next cut of v5 will have this safety (builds 2128 and higher).

Thank you for the input!