PDA

View Full Version : Help with ShipRush on Multiple Computers

shopsafe
04-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Let me first start off and say that the ShipRush Product for Endicia/USPS is absolutely awesome! We are PLATINUM PowerSellers on eBay and gross about $2 million a year in sales. This product will allow us to bring such efficiency to our shipping that we are projecting sales of $2.5-$3 million this year. Hats off to Z Firm.

Now, I am trying to install ShipRush for Endicia/USPS on a laptop that we use in our warehouse. I want to be able to print labels in our warehouse at times rather than in the main office. I am having great difficulty. Here are the issues...

1. I do not have a license code for installing the Version 5 Beta on my laptop. Can I have that sent to me. We are using Version 5 Beta in the office and it is smooth.

2. Every time I try and do the Install Sequence for the first time on the laptop, we get a message that says 'Couldn't copy "\\rickscomputer\database.v4\PrintableDocument.blb" to "\\rickscomputer\databasev.4\backup0428_1932\Printa bleDocument.blb (64)

Please help us to resolve this issue.

2a. Every time we simply try to do a clean install of Version 5 (during setup process), we get a 'Server Installation failed' error message.

3. We have spent hours trying to adjust the sharing settings to allow the database on our laptop to access the main database on our network for ShipRush.

Any and all help and specific details would be greatly appreciated. Again, hats off for a fantastic product.

Regards,

Rick

SYSOPR
04-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Let me first start off and say that the ShipRush Product for Endicia/USPS is absolutely awesome! We are PLATINUM PowerSellers on eBay and gross about $2 million a year in sales. This product will allow us to bring such efficiency to our shipping that we are projecting sales of $2.5-$3 million this year. Hats off to Z Firm.

Thanks for the good words!

1. I do not have a license code for installing the Version 5 Beta on my laptop. Can I have that sent to me. We are using Version 5 Beta in the office and it is smooth.

The v4 license codes also work fine with v5. You can get the ShipRush for Endicia codes at http://zfirm.com/products/shiprush_usps_endicia.shtml

SYSOPR
04-28-2007, 08:56 PM
2. Every time I try and do the Install Sequence for the first time on the laptop, we get a message that says 'Couldn't copy "\\rickscomputer\database.v4\PrintableDocument.blb" to "\\rickscomputer\databasev.4\backup0428_1932\Printa bleDocument.blb (64)

My guess here is that ShipRush is still running somewhere. Either on the local PC or on a PC over the network.

So steps might be:

a) Reboot this PC
b) Try again

If that does not work, and this is a NEW installation of ShipRush, try renaming the dir:

"\\rickscomputer\database.v4\"

to: "\\rickscomputer\OLD-database.v4\"

If you still have trouble in this spot, pls call Z-Firm support during the week.

SYSOPR
04-28-2007, 09:02 PM
2a. Every time we simply try to do a clean install of Version 5 (during setup process), we get a 'Server Installation failed' error message.

3. We have spent hours trying to adjust the sharing settings to allow the database on our laptop to access the main database on our network for ShipRush.

If the steps posted above don't get you somewhere, please call in during the week so we can help out. We normally charge a fee for networking support over the phone, but if you ask for a call back you might get a break...