PDA

View Full Version : PS60 Scale

willrsi
05-04-2007, 07:16 AM
We have a PS60 scale hooked up via USB. We our using shiprush v5 in Windows XP.

When I test the scale in the shiprush scale settings, shiprush says it's working and configured. But I can't get it to put weight into shiprush. I tried putting something on the scale before starting shiprush, and pushing the get weight from scale button. but I can't get any weight from the scale. The scale works perfect in Worldship.

SYSOPS
05-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Do you have WorldShip running when you are trying to use ShipRush? If so, that may cause the scale to not work in ShipRush.

Also, please try these steps for configuring the scale if the above does not apply:
http://www.zfirm.com/knowledge_bases/shiprush/srxa-0287.txt

SYSOPS

willrsi
05-04-2007, 10:01 AM
I am using USB not Serial.
I am not running worldship and shiprush at the same time. Shiprush dose not give me any error messages related to the scale, Shiprush says the scale is fine. But the scale dose not work. The knowledge base file srxa-0287.txt did not help.

SYSOPS
05-04-2007, 10:08 AM
What are you selecting in the list for the scale in the settings for ShipRush?

SYSOPS

SYSOPS
05-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Follow up:

Development reports an issue with the PS60 scale. It is open as case 13677.

Please stand by as development resolves this issue.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPR
05-04-2007, 02:14 PM
On second thought!

We thought we saw a problem and opened a case. Then we discovered that the PS60 did not like being plugged into a USB hub, and only behaved properly when plugged directly into the PC.

Note: I am not sure if Worldship and ShipRush can share a scale concurrently. You might want to reboot, then try just ShipRush.

(Note, in ShipRush settings, you have to scroll all the way down to "USB Connected Scale" and AVOID the PS-60 entry on the list)

willrsi
05-04-2007, 02:59 PM
We do not use a USB Hub. I restarted the computer, did not start worldship, and used USB scale setting. still same problem.

SYSOPR
05-05-2007, 08:35 PM
My current thought is that the scale is a UPS -branded scale, that has its own identification string (one that ShipRush does not recognize).

I will need to go up to Z-Firm engineering to ask for a diagnostic tool to look into this, which will take a couple of days. (ZF Case 13681)

SYSOPR
05-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Another note: If you have Outlook express runnng, or AV software, try disabling / exiting them and see if that helps.

willrsi
05-07-2007, 07:44 AM
We recently got in a new PS60 scale so I hooked it up, and it works fine with shiprush. I'm not sure why our old one dose not work. Maybe the old one is UPS specific like you said and the new one is not.

Thanks for your help.

If you figure out why the old one dose not work let me know.