PDA

View Full Version : Why the limit on stored addresses in Order Manager?

Mike A.
05-29-2007, 07:38 PM
It appears that the Order Manager does not save all addresses entered. Why? What are the limits and can they be changed?

SYSOPR
05-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Where exactly are you looking for the address?

(In the address list, via the button in the address block of the UI?

If so, they are all there, but they are not searchable, and it only pulls up the 100 or so most recent addresses. This area of ShipRush is very seldom used.)

Mike A.
05-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Mostly in the address list (although I tried several different ways and couldn't seem to figure out how to get more than the last 46 to show). I have regular customers who order on about a monthly or six-week basis and I can't ever seem to be able to find their addresses and have to ask them for it and re-enter every time. Kind of a pain. Not a huge deal, but would be helpful to show/search/review all when you need to.

SYSOPR
05-30-2007, 03:54 PM
A very fair request. But also a very very rare one (based on the intended ShipRush workflow).

I have put in a case, ZF Case 13800 in this regard, but it may be moons before it gets to the top of the stack...

Mike A.
06-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks. Just seems like that if you have the search, then you should be able to search the entire database when needed; otherwise, it's kind of pointless, especially if the scope is arbitrarily limited and can't be changed. I'm building and storing a database that I can't access. I think you may see people looking for more of this type of thing now that you have the Order Manager that can be used more as a central way to manage things.

Beck
03-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi,

Are there any plans of increasing the limit of the addresses stored (we would like to store all addresses)? Or has this already been addresses by changing some setup? We are using verison 5.7.

Thanks in advance.

SYSOPR
03-12-2008, 02:54 PM
In 5.7, there is the ability to do full text search of addresses.

The address data should go back some way in time...

Help us understand the problem better so we can chase it. From what we can see, you should be able to find an address from a few months earlier.