PDA

View Full Version : Notification Continued Issues

shopsafe
06-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Hello -

I am having problems with both ShipRush for USPS with Endicia and ShipRush for FedEx. The issue has to do with the email notifications. I have put in the outgoing server details for my server so that the notifications can be sent WITHOUT opening up my resident email client. For some reason, I can not get it to use these external SMTL server settings and it continually opens my email program to send the notification emails. Please advise as I know the external mail server settings I am using are correct as I have been using them for years now with my resident email client.

Second question, if we can not get the question above resolved....when I remove all notification from my shipments (ie - the client gets no notifications), then it still opens my computers email client to send the notification email. How can that be?

Please help.

Rick

SYSOPR
06-04-2007, 04:01 PM
We are chewing on this one.

Stand by!

SYSOPR
06-04-2007, 04:04 PM
OK, let's first try to zero in here...

There are two different flavors of emails ShipRush can send:

1) The actual shipment notification -- set up in the ShipRush Settings area.

2) The Order Manager notification -- configured in the Order Manager area....

I think you refer to #2... can you confirm?

Thanks!

shopsafe
06-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Yes, #2 is the one.

SYSOPS
06-05-2007, 05:38 AM
The Order Manager notification will always try to use your MAPI email client. If you wish to just send an email notification about a shipment, turn off that option in Order Manager, as it will be redundant to the settings in ShipRush itself for notification.

SYSOPS

shopsafe
06-05-2007, 12:09 PM
I have it turned off in all places, yet it still opens my email client. Is there something I am missing here? It seems to be a simple matter but on matter what I try, it keeps popping open MS Outlook mail client.

Rick

SYSOPS
06-05-2007, 12:20 PM
There are two places to check:
- Order Manager and make sure that send email is turned off

- Settings | Shipping settings | Advanced | Email settings
- SR Set to use MAPI Client or use External SMTP server?

Those are the only two email settings in ShipRush, both Order Manager and in the regular settings in ShipRush.

SYSOPS