PDA

View Full Version : Error 1001

dgangstee
06-04-2007, 05:17 PM
I am running Shiprush Endicia/eBay (along with Shiprush FedEx/eBay)and I updated to the 5.0.0.2204 version and now whenever I try to print a label all I get is a 1001 error "Endicia server returned error: Missing or invalid data element: IncludePostage [1001]". The KB says this is because I picked the wrong package type for the shipping method.

I notice that with this update the package types have changed from 'box, envelope, etc' to 'parcel, card, large envelope, etc'. I can't try any of the other package types without the possibility of buying the wrong postage amount.

The Shiprush USPS version also has the 'parcel' package type and is able to print a label so I guess the problem is with Endicia. Yet it was Shiprush that changed the wording so is Shiprush still sending the proper syntax to Endicia for the selected package type?

It seems as if Endicia doesn't like the 'parcel' were I used to have the 'box' selection. It was working fine before the update, now I cannot print postage at all. What is going on?

SYSOPS
06-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Could you provide details about the shipment please:
- Service Type selecte
- Weight
- Package type

Any other oddities or items set

Thank you,
SYSOPS

dgangstee
06-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Sure. I have two labels that I have been trying to print: one is a 'parcel' going 'Priority Mail' weighing in at 1 pound no ounces to Kansas, and another 'parcel' going 'Priority Mail' weighing in at 2 pounds no ounces going to Honolulu.

The package types offered are: Parcel, card, large envelope/flat, large parcel, oversize parcel, irregular parcel, flat rate envelope, and flat rate box. I tried other package types except for the flat rate types which would affect the postage. I have not tried other service types as this would also affect the postage. Before updating I had the package type 'box' and Endicia had no problem with that.

It seems that the problem is with the latest package type wording.

dasp
06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
I am having the same issue as stated above. I downloaded the software again and re-loaded it on my computer and got the same results.

My package is a large envelope, 9 ounce, first class to Michigan

SYSOPS
06-05-2007, 08:57 AM
The kbase article:
http://www.zfirm.com/knowledge_bases/shiprush/srxa-0298.txt

It is a bit different than yours. That one indicates MailpieceShape. Your error indicates IncludePostage.

Please give a call into Tech Support at 206.812.7874. We'll need to dial into your system to see if we can figure out if this is a simple settings issue.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPS
06-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I've replicated the issue:
- In the Shipment defaults settings area, there is an option to turn off printing of postage on the label. That is causing this error.

Reporting to development.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

dgangstee
06-05-2007, 04:16 PM
So if I check the box and allow the postage price to be printed then I'll be able to print a label?

Later....
I tried it, I checked the box to show postage value and it all works again! :)
Smile

I hope they fix that soon as I don't want postage to show.

Thank you for locating the source of the problem.

SYSOPR
06-05-2007, 07:44 PM
This is under ZF Case 13841

Thank you for the detail!

vtjballeng
06-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Ugh, I waited a while to upgrade to V5 in case of problems like this. I have the same issue. First Class Mail, 2oz, Packaging Letter.

Error screenshot attached. I turned the print postage amount on the label option on and off under shipment defaults with no change in function.

Update: I changed the Packaging option to Parcel and it worked.

SYSOPS
06-07-2007, 11:59 AM
2 completely different issues, as noted by MailpieceShape in your error vs IncludePostage, which is the crux of this thread.

Your error would indicate that the packaging type is wrong. I will ask development to look into this.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
06-07-2007, 01:47 PM
The issue you mention can easily be resolved by avoiding the 'letter' packaging when shipping first class.

Use the Large Envelope / Flat (or parcel) when shipping first class.

These are the only packaging options that are appropriate for first class (this change is a result of the new USPS rate rules that kicked in mid-May)

Future versions of ShipRush will only have the valid packaging options listed.

( ZF Case 13851 )

vtjballeng
06-08-2007, 06:24 AM
The rates are different. When I chose Parcel, I did not realize that the rates would be on the order of $1.48 for 2-3 oz. For the same package, letter is $.75 and large envelope/flat is $0.97.

SYSOPR
06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Yes, the rates are different based on packaging... USPS introduced new rate tiers in mid may... and everyone is still figuring them out.

Sorry!

Daryle Currie
06-25-2007, 07:25 AM
I, too, have been having the problem that I cannot print a label without showing the postage amount. Any ideas when this will be fixed? We don't want the postage to show, either.
Thanks.

SYSOPS
06-25-2007, 07:33 AM
You should be able to download the current version of ShipRush from our website:
http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/updates.shtml

This should be resolved in the version on the website.

SYSOPS