PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Delivery Confirmation Fee....

Audrey
06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
On my label reocrds, I can see a 14 cent charge for Electronic Option Delivery Confirmation Service Fee. Is this supposed to be added to the rate printed on the label? How can I get this to be automatically added so I don't have to do it manually?

If this was supposed to be done all along then I have been wrong for the past year on my packages...

Thanks!

SYSOPR
06-05-2007, 02:58 PM
The rate calc should include the delivery conf fee (e.g. the rate that ShipRush is printing should already include that fee).

If you think it is not the case, can you please tell us all the details of a shipment so we can see the problem?

e.g.

- To and From address
- Service
- packaging and weight
- The rate that ShipRush tells you for the shipment
- The rate that ShipRush _should_ tell you

thanks!

Audrey
06-21-2007, 08:37 AM
The postage for a 3 pound Media Mail package calculates out to be $2.81, the same as on the USPS.com website.

Before the increase, when I used to bring my packages in to a counter and have them affix postage because I was short on stamps, the retail person would always add 14 cents Del Conf. fee. I thouhgt they didn't understand it was supposed to be free, so we avoided them as much as possible and brought our stuff in all stamped and ready to go.

But I found out differently. I was wrong, not them. :o(

Here's some information from USPS about delivery confirmation fees, even for DC done electronically:

Delivery Confirmation™

For an additional fee, Delivery Confirmation may be combined with COD, insured mail, Registered Mail, return receipt for merchandise (Form 3804), or special handling. Restricted delivery is available if purchased with insurance for over $200, COD, or Registered Mail. Return receipt is available if purchased with insurance for over $200, COD, or Registered Mail.

Priority Mail $0.65 Retail $0.00 Electronic
First-Class Mail (parcels only) $0.75 Retail $0.18 Electronic
Package Services (parcels only) $0.75 Retail $0.18 Electronic

http://www.usps.com/rates/extra-services-rates.htm#H4

Since the people take my stuff ok I should have probably left well enough alone, but I can't knowingly cheat so can you please have the program add 18 cents so I don't have to?

Thanks!

SYSOPR
06-21-2007, 09:30 AM
This is being investigated under ZF Case 13914

SYSOPR
06-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Are you using ShipRush Endicia or ShipRush USPS ?

(Asked another way, is ShipRush printing the postage on the label?)

thanks!

Audrey
06-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Ship Rush USPS--i have to add stamps myself.

SYSOPR
06-28-2007, 07:23 AM
We are working on this.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the hassle!