PDA

View Full Version : UPS v5 won't install on remote

klm
06-11-2007, 12:20 PM
New v5 UPS download won't work on one of the remote stations. Works on Admin and two other remote. This one says that "Unable to install UPS Pro Components. Please check SR Server.log for details. Error during service startup". I tried a couple of times. Same message.

Thanks,
Karen

SYSOPS
06-11-2007, 12:23 PM
You need to be logged into the PC as an admin to do the install as it wants to install and setup a service.

Could you check the log file as indicated in the error message? It may help us understand why it failed.

You could also try and reboot and see if the wizard will process through on the next round.

SYSOPS

klm
06-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Will try tomorrow morning first thing and let you know! Thank you.

klm
06-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Hi Scott,

I didn't have to log in as Admin for any of the other remote stations.

Can't seem to do anything today even after restart. Wizard processing less today after reboot. Now it's saying "Unable to Start the Shipper Server Service" after trying to use the ADO to connect. I ended up removing SR 3 which was probably a big mistake, but tried it as a last resort.

All the log files are from 06. Did I wipe them out by uninstalling?

This is the station of the person who processes all our orders!!!! Please help!

She's using the Admin computer now. So far, on the upgraded version, v5, all the UPS labels are not picking up the State and Zip. Instead, the state is blank and Zip is picking up phone number (or bottom line of ship to field) w/o dashes.

SYSOPS
06-12-2007, 05:47 AM
I think this needs to be processed as a phone support issue. There are far too many things going on here.

If you were upgrading, and uninstalled v3, we will not be able to import any data so you'll be starting fresh with the v5 install. Is this also the same PC you installed ShipRush FedEx v4 on? When you install UPS v5, that will upgrade ShipRush FedEx as well.

Please call into support and open a Support Incident. That will get this resolved the fastest.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPS
06-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Closed via phone.

The workstations had to be set to look to the server instance of ShipRush. A couple of the workstations were pointing locally for the database. We stopped the service for Z-Firm Shipping and set it to disabled to force the connection wizard to ask for the server. Once that was set, we could see the networked data for ShipRush.

All appears to be working now.

SYSOPS

klm
06-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi,

The last remote machine that I worked on is getting the below message when trying to open UPS:

Error: File - c:/programs files/zfirm llc/ship rushv4/upsrates/UPSsurcharges.xml is not found.

Fed Ex is working fine. I tried Run-services.msc and there was no zfirm at the bottom.

SYSOPS
06-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Sounds as though you might not be running ShipRush UPS v5 on there. The error indicates ShipRush v4. Make sure to download UPS v5 Pro and install to make sure it's all setup correctly.

SYSOPS