PDA

View Full Version : Errors After (Manually) Migrating to Vista

Mike A.
06-24-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm trying to migrate over from XP to Vista on a new computer. I need to preserve my old database. I did a clean install on the new machine and then moved the various config files and databases over individually. I have everything working now with three exceptions:

First, every time that I load the order manager, it pops up a box to select the notification template. I can select it and go on and it works fine, but the next time that I open Order Manager I get the same box asking again. Is there some setting that I can change in the config files to have this set permanently?

Second, I get an error box as Order Manager loads saying "YahooFileConnection.username.SetDataValue failed: Member is read only." Again, is there some setting that I can change in the config files to fix this?

Last, if I go into Settings for Order Manager, under My WebStores, I have two identical entries titled "PayPal accounts_api1.accountname.com." If I select the second entry, I receive an error that says: "Object of singlelink (TWebStore.FolderGroup) is of wrong type (is TOrderItem, should be TFolderGroup) (s:\develop\components\production\contmans\OrderMa nager\OrderManager_Classes_Root.pas, line 3455)

If I try to delete it, I receive the same error as above: "YahooFileConnection.username.SetDataValue failed: Member is read only."

System works fine other than generating the errors. Anyway to fix these by direct edits to the config files or other manual means? If not, then is there a way to export the database and reimport?

Thanks.

SYSOPS
06-25-2007, 05:27 AM
Really sounds like a weird Vista rights issue (possibly to all three issues). Try the following:

With ShipRush closed right click on the ShipRush shortcut and choose to run as Administrator. Do things work correctly at that point? Can you go into settings and delete the second instance, configure your email template, etc?

SYSOPS

Mike A.
06-25-2007, 08:34 AM
No difference in running as admin.

As above, I can find and change the notification template in settings and it works fine when running labels, but next time in starting up it still can't find it and prompts me.

I can't change the settings for the second web store - errors are as described in third point above.

I think that the root of the problem is that it's looking for things that aren't there or at least where it thinks they are. Vista doesn't use the same directory structure for user/program data files and settings. Also, earlier when I did the update to V5 on the old XP machine (when the beta for it first came out), it left some things pointing to a V4 subdirectory and others looking in a new V5 subdirectory with some duplicates between the two. So, I had to do some best guesses as far as what went where when moving the old files over to the new under Vista. I think somewhere in the config and/or database files it's still looking to old locations and/or I probably made some overwrites of the wrong files.

All that I really need to do is to preserve the database. I can wipe the rest and re-do that again fairly easily. Is a way to export/copy only the Order Manager database and then drop it into a clean install? If so, then I can wipe it and start over. I think that was what I tried at one point and how I ended up with the two web marketplace accounts, but I may have done more beyond that or not done it in the correct way.

SYSOPS
06-25-2007, 08:43 AM
So what you could do is keep a backup of the database folder for Order Manager and the one under shiprush, either database.v4 or database.v5 (depending on if you did an upgrade)

Wipe, delete those folders, and install clean on Vista.
After it is installed, move those backup database folders into the correct locations, and see it that works.

SYSOPS

Mike A.
06-25-2007, 09:29 AM
I think that it needs to be done on a more granular basis? If I replace everything in the database subdirectory, then I think that I'll be overwriting some things and it will leave me where I am now? (E.g., the marketplaces created, PayPal and ebay credentials, etc.) Can you be more specific re the individual file(s) within the Order Manager database folder that I should replace ONLY to save the old order and shipment data?

Thanks.

SYSOPS
06-25-2007, 09:41 AM
I would suggest:
install clean
rename the database folders (for OrderManager and database.v5)
Replace with your backup databases
Start and see if issue persists

I cannot tell you which files in particular to move as the databases are tied together

SYSOPS

Mike A.
06-25-2007, 11:22 AM
No go with a straight copy and replace of the new files with the old. It did eliminate the problem with the template, but as I suspected for the rest, I just end up with the same errors as far as the Order Manager database since I'm overwriting. I tried copying various files over individually, but couldn't get it to come up without various errors. As you say, there are numerous relationships between the files that are maintained in various other database files and indices. If someone knew more about how the schema was set up you probably could do it that way, but I don't so I'm just shooting in the dark .

Anyway, here's how I finally did it...

1. Copy old Order Manager database to a new location (just to be safe).
2. Uninstall ShipRush
3. Delete everything in the ShipRush folder EXCEPT for the Order Manager database folder.
4. Reinstall ShipRush, selecting to preserve the existing system.
5. After #4 above, it will run and display another screen with a selection to specify the location of an existing database. Point it to the old database folder.

It then will run and update the missing files and rebuild indices, etc.

No errors now and it preserves the PayPal credentials, shipment history, etc. Note that you probably could preserve some of your other settings for notification templates, etc., but I was tired of fighting with it and ending up with errors so I just kept it simple as far as only going for the Order Manager database.

SYSOPR
06-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the update!