PDA

View Full Version : Shiprush USPS cannot confirm address

intsup
07-23-2007, 08:09 PM
I know we always have trouble shipping to APO addresses but I just found out we have trouble shipping USPS to Hawaii via Shiprush as well

all the data gets imported from Quickbooks into Shiprush for USPS but when it comes time to Estimate Cost or print the label we get an error stating that the address cannot be verified and to go to the usps.com website or check the zfirm knowledge base.

I've removed all the punctuation marks from the fields so that's not causing the error.

any idea why we keep getting that error?

and is there a way to simply force the label?

SYSOPR
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
The free ShipRush for USPS will only process labels to verified addresses. This is a USPS requirement, sorry!

(ShipRush for Endicia has the address verification feature, but will print labels to addresses that do not verify.)

The only solution is to go to www.usps.com and use the address verify / lookup feature there to get the address sorted.

graftobian
07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
But the addresses are correct via USPS.

SYSOPR
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Can you post the full address here?

ShipRush USPS uses the same system that is at usps.com.

graftobian
07-25-2007, 09:59 AM
13225 marquardt ave
sante fe springs, ca 90670

SYSOPS
07-25-2007, 10:40 AM
I have tried to get ShipRush to fail on that address without success. I have done address verification with Strict set (the highest level).

What level do you have address verification set to in ShipRush? Also, what is the build\version of ShipRush you are using (help | about for that)?

Thank you,
SYSOPS

intsup
07-26-2007, 11:46 AM
the address that fails for me using Shiprush is:

1 SAND ISLAND ACCESS RD.
HONOLULU HI 968192222

This address verifies correctly through the USPS website when creating a label but I receive the Unable to rate the shipment error within Shiprush.

My verification setting is Basic and is greyed out so I cannot make it harder.

I am using version 5.0.0.2204

Hope this helps!

SYSOPS
07-26-2007, 12:00 PM
OK,
I tested the above address in a test environment, and did not give any grief about the address and processed the shipment correctly. So we are at a bit of loss as two addresses have been provided, and both ship correctly in our test environments.

Regarding the address verification, if you cannot slide the bar from Basic, then you need to enable the address verification by placing a check in the option in settings. The greyed out area would indicate is not enabled in settings.

SYSOPS

intsup
07-26-2007, 12:26 PM
i enabled address verification and still no ability to ship this particular shipoment.

Is it possible to upload screenshots to this message so you can see exactly how we're shipping?

intsup
07-26-2007, 12:38 PM
one more thing, i clicked on "List All Services" and rates for various services DO show up. Selecting a service does allow me to then print a shipping label.

However, choosing a service from the "List All Services" takes alot longer than being able to simply press the ship button when USPS Priority Mail is already selected.

There's a bug somewhere because I cannot ship unless i choose "List All Services" first. Plus, the rate is not printed at the bottom so I don't know how much postage to add by just looking at the label.

SYSOPR
07-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Hello!

I apologize we do not have a 'quick answer' on this one!

Here is what we need to dig in... some screen shots of ShipRush. (See the FAQ link above for steps to take and post screen shots.)

These are the screens we need:

ShipRush settings: The Account area

The main ShipRush Screen, ready to press Ship (the shipment that won't work)

The error message that is displayed

With that info, we should be able to 'see' the issue.

Thanks!!