PDA

View Full Version : DBISAM Engine Error # 11280

klm
08-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi Scott,

I accidentally restarted the ShipRush Server machine without closing SR on my machine first. I closed out of QBS and SR and then restarted both. I am now getting this error:

DBISAM Engine Error # 11280 A connection to the database server at 'SNAP' cannot be established

I am looking it up on the knowledge base and not sure exactly what it means. It should be running on the SR server. It is up and running but SR is not open. In the past, this hasn't mattered.

Thanks,
Karen

SYSOPS
08-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Kbase article:
http://www.zfirm.com/knowledge_bases/shiprush/srxa-0302.txt

go to start | run
type in: services.msc and hit enter
Scroll to the bottom and look for Z-Firm Shipping Service

Is it running (started)? If not, start it and try again.

SYSOPS

klm
08-02-2007, 06:45 AM
FYI...Just found out this is happening on all the machines.

I followed your directions above on my machine and it is saying "disabled". If you mean the server, that makes more sense because I have tried to restart SR many times on my machine and it still gets the same error message.

SYSOPS
08-02-2007, 06:47 AM
Let's focus on the SNAP machine first. Is the service running there, and can you start ShipRush on that PC? If you can, move to a workstation. Can you start ShipRush there? Do you get that error?

If so, then something might be blocking the connection (firewalls been turned back on or updates applied to the SNAP machine)?

SYSOPS

klm
08-02-2007, 07:16 AM
The SR Server is saying: The SR db is newer than the SR on this PC. Please update SR on this PC to build 2215.

It was working fine before shutting down yesterday.

klm
08-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Still getting:

DBISAM Engine Error # 11280 A connection to the database server at 'SNAP' cannot be established

On remote machines

SYSOPS
08-02-2007, 07:20 AM
And you verified that the service is running on the SNAP machine, and that you can launch ShipRush without issue on the SNAP machine?

Again, any firewall software running (either windows or external like AVG style or McAfee) on the SNAP machine or workstations that might be blocking?

SYSOPS

klm
08-02-2007, 07:30 AM
No I cannot launch SR on SNAP machine. I typed in the error message I am getting on my last reply. Server is not working.

klm
08-02-2007, 07:30 AM
The SR Server is saying: The SR db is newer than the SR on this PC. Please update SR on this PC to build 2215.

klm
08-02-2007, 07:32 AM
Woops.....I meant:

SYSOPS
08-02-2007, 07:37 AM
OK, looks like someone updated ShipRush or installed on a new machine, with a newer version.

Please update ShipRush on the SNAP PC to the latest build available on the website. Download the install, choose to Update ShipRush and retest.

SYSOPS

klm
08-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Scott,

No. I updated one of the machines after all this started happening. All machines have been updated to the newest v5 version except the one that I updated this morning. I don't think that's the problem.

klm
08-02-2007, 07:41 AM
I actually did try updating the SR Server and it didn't work. I still got the same message.

klm
08-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Wait. Just restarted and then updated. It's working on Server. I am trying it on remote now. Nope. Still not working. Getting same remote error.

klm
08-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Just thought of something. I changed the anti-virus from Norton to AVG on the SNAP (SR Server) machine and on remotes. Would that have changed the firewall?

SYSOPS
08-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Could have. Seems like a good place to start. If you disable AVG on the SNAP or workstations, does it then connect? If so, you will need to add allowances to AVG for ShipRush to connect.

Here's a link to firewall info when using ShipRush:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v5-0_UPS/Proxy_Servers_&_Firewalls.htm

SYSOPS

klm
08-02-2007, 08:26 AM
I figured it out and fixed everyone's machines. It wasn't the firewall.

SYSOPS
08-02-2007, 08:29 AM
And what was it?

SYSOPS

klm
08-02-2007, 10:16 AM
The problem with mine was that it was trying to connect directly to the SNAP and not the local (shared folder: N/ShipRush/v5). To correct it, I just went to Server and checked settings and applied them to mine. For the rest and for mine, upgrading the versions did the trick and making sure the connection was set to the local (shared folder). Except....

The one machine that I upgraded from v4 to v5 for the first time today....when I right click to test a label, it is only showing "Ship" or "Blank Ship" (or something) and not all the ship types like the other machines. For this one, I followed your instructions from June 2007 to make it work and deleted the v5 folder from the Program Files and Documents and Settings folder - Application Data.

Do you know why it is only showing the "Ship" and other option instead of showing UPS Ground, Overnight, etc. like the others? wrong?

SYSOPS
08-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Not sure. I'd suggest re-installing on the workstation "clean". I know that the menu is generated with the installation, so it should be there.

SYSOPS

klm
08-02-2007, 10:22 AM
I reinstalled v5 for both UPS and FedEx after deleting the v5 folders.

SYSOPS
08-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Well you can copy the menu folder from program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v5 from a known working PC and paste onto the non-working environment.

See if that works,
SYSOPS