PDA

View Full Version : Wont load customer info

TimothyL
11-04-2004, 01:34 PM
I am using the Quickbooks Sales Receipt and just found out that ShipRush wont auto load the customer info directly into the FedEx ground shipping label once a sales receipt has already been processed via the auto quickbooks credit card processing.
This is not good. I have to now be sure I do Ship Rush first and then process the credit card. I dont like this at all. Any remedies? Will there be in the future?
TimothyL

SYSOPS
11-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Here is the problem:
ShipRush uses the Customer Job window to know what contact you have open in the template. Once you process a CC transaction, that window is closed by QuickBooks, and we can no longer access the data.

That's the long and the short.

Work-arounds?
You could set the &3 and &4 on the template in QuickBooks and switch ShipRush to a QuickBooks version of 2001 and prior or any form of Basic. That will force ShipRush to read the data from the Bill To and Ship To windows only.

http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v2/Prepare_QuickBooks_for_use_with_ShipRush.htm

Drawbacks?
Not able to pull phone # of email address from Quickbooks customer list.

SYSOPS

TimothyL
11-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Is this something ShipRush plans to fix at some point?

SYSOPS
11-05-2004, 07:30 AM
We are limited since that is the means of pulling data from QuickBooks. Has been reported to development, but that window is the only means of gathering the contact info for the Customer Job List, not much else we can do from a development POV.

I would direct your question to QuickBooks as a suggestion to not lock that window since 3rd party applications do use it for data query.

SYSOPS