View Full Version : problem with update query

09-23-2007, 03:40 PM
We purchased shiprush for usps/endicia, ups and fedex. We are using aspdotnetstorefront. I have gone through the sample scripts to get the two to integrate and although the scripts work fine in query analyzer, the update script does not work when I put it into shiprush. I get an error from shiprush after purchasing the shipping that says “Missing sql property”. The query that gets the data from the database works fine, it’s simply the update query that isn’t working for some reason. As I said, I’ve tested it in query analyzer with some dummy values and it works fine so I’m not sure what else to do. The error message is not an ado/ado.net message I’ve seen before which led me to believe it was an error handling message in the shiprush code. The query that is executing is…

Update orders set ShippingTrackingNumber = '%TRACKINGNUMBER%', ShippingMethod = '%SHIPPINGSERVICE%' where ordernumber = %RecordID%

I have tried putting single quotes around %RecordID% removing the % from around RecordID but nothing works. When I removed the %% from RecordID, I got a different error message that said

“invalid column name 'RecordID'

Update orders set ShippingTrackingNumber = '9101148008600352445669', shippingmethod='usps first class' where ordernumber = RecordID”

Does anyone know what might be going on and how to fix it? Thanks.

09-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Are you using the scripts 'as is' or modified?

Could you run the scripts out of the box and post a screen shot of the error here?


09-25-2007, 05:28 PM
As I said in my initial post, the query I'm using is

Update orders set ShippingTrackingNumber = '%TRACKINGNUMBER%', ShippingMethod = '%SHIPPINGSERVICE%' where ordernumber = %RecordID%

This is basically the same query provided by your sample scripts except I merged the two queries into one. However that isn't the cause as I originally started with the two update queries as outlined in your sample scripts and was receiving the same error.

I do not have access to the machine with shiprush on it so I will have to ask my partner to send me a screenshot. But, it's just a simple alert box that says "Missing SQL Property".

09-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Sorry for the small size of the image but that's what they sent to me. It says (ApplicationEventsMessage) Missing SQL property.

09-26-2007, 02:49 PM
This error indicate that SQL string that ShipRush is trying to execute is empty

1) Make sure you do not have "GO" after last UPDATE statement. Use "GO" only to separate first UPDATE from second.

2) Remove all unnecessary carriage returns from query text

3) If this does not help - export your ADO settings to XML file and email to support@zfirmllc.com - we will take a look at it.