PDA

View Full Version : APO addressess and delivery confirmation

LorraineM
10-07-2007, 12:12 PM
I have always thought that delivery confirmation was not to be used for APO or other military shipments. Now that Ship Rush allows for APO addresses, I don't see where I can turn off the delivery confirmation. What do you know about this? Maybe the USPS has changed their rules?? I've put applying postage for these packages manually with our postage meter, but would love to use SR for them.

LorraineM
10-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I just read on the post office webiste tht the Delivery Confirmation can be used for military addresses. Apparently I was either always misinformed, or the post office has changed their rules on delivery confirmation for military addresses.

Good news - I can use SR for military priority labels!

SYSOPS
10-07-2007, 12:55 PM
The only confirmation that you can turn on or off is the Signature Confirmation. Please let me know if you're getting an error when trying to ship to an APO, and what other confirmation you are describing.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

LorraineM
10-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm not getting an error. It used to be that when shipping to a military address via Priority Mail that Delivery Confirmation was not an available service. So thinking that I couldn't use DC on military packages, I was wondering where in SR I could turn off the DC. I just learned, as posted above, that DC is now offered on Priority for military addresses - so problem solved.