PDA

View Full Version : Error Message for Scales Plugin DLL

Cstout
06-02-2004, 07:55 AM
I installed ShipRush v3 and received this error message:

Unable to connect to ShipRush Server: (Scales plugin) Unable to find Z-Firm Scales Plugin DLL that supports "Mettler Toledo PS60".

Thanks for your help,

~ Cathy

SYSOPS
06-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Morning Cathy,

Questions:
Did you try and configure a scale in ShipRush?
When do you get this error?
You're running ShipRush UPS v3 Pro correct?
Did you previously have ShipRush UPS v3 Basic installed?

I just looked at your record, and I see that you've switched from Basic to Pro. That would indicate that there are still settings and files from the Basic installation present on the PC.

Resolution:

-Uninstall ShipRush via Control Panel
-Delete the ShipRush v3 program directory under program files\z-firm llc
-Delete the Z-Firm LLC directory under the
the user's private Application Data directory under c:\Documents and Settings\username\application data
- Reboot and install ShipRush UPS v3 Pro

If you cannot see the application data folder, you may need to go to tools | folder options and enable Hidden Files and Folders. Then you can delete the z-firm llc folder under application data.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

Cstout
06-02-2004, 10:02 AM
I have done as you requested by uninstalling and reinstalling. I still have the same error message (Unable to find Z-Firm Scales plugin DLL). I can't even get the program to open after installation to set the printer settings. This is a stand alone machine in our warehouse.

Help,

~ Cathy

SYSOPS
06-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Afternoon Kathy,
Did you follow the specifics about deleting those folders as well as doing an Add\Remove Programs?

These steps are required to get Basic off the PC:

-Uninstall ShipRush via Control Panel
-Delete the ShipRush v3 program directory under program files\z-firm llc
-Delete the Z-Firm LLC directory under the
the user's private Application Data directory under c:\Documents and Settings\username\application data
- Reboot and install ShipRush UPS v3 Pro

If you have not done each of the steps above, it will not work to just re-install the software.

If you're having issues with a specific step, please let us know so we can get this resolved.

SYSOPS

Cstout
06-02-2004, 12:14 PM
For the third time I have uninstalled through control panel and deleted all Z-firm llc files and folders. Then reinstalled the Pro version. I still get the same error message . . . Scales plugin DLL. I have uninstalled again and reinstalled BASIC edition so my shipping department could get out today’s orders. I will be on vacation Thursday and Friday. I would love to talk to some one on Monday about this.

Thanks,
~ Cathy

SYSOPR
06-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Please post your company name so that Z-Firm tech support can call you.

Cstout
06-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Cathy Stout
Golden Walnut Specialty Foods, Inc
847/731-3200