PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Confirmation is not available

Daryle Currie
11-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Today I have gotten this error message every time I've tried to ship. It has appeared for First Class and Parcel Post. I have checked my settings and do not have "delivery confirmation" checked anywhere. How can I fix this? It wasn't doing this on Friday.

Endicia server returned error: Delivery Confirmation is not available for First-Class Mail Flat size mailpiece. [440]

Endicia server returned error: Delivery Confirmation is not available for Parcel Post Flat size mailpiece. [440]

Thanks,
dc

SYSOPS
11-11-2007, 08:33 AM
I am unable to replicate in testing here.

Please go to Help | About in ShipRush (on the icon in the system tray) and indicate the build\version.

SYSOPS

Daryle Currie
11-11-2007, 08:41 AM
ShipRush version : 5.0.0.2204

SYSOPS
11-11-2007, 08:48 AM
The first step would be to update ShipRush to the most current build available from the website.

http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/assets/products/ShipRush_v5_Endicia.exe

Make sure ShipRush is closed, download the above, update ShipRush, and see if the issue persists.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

Daryle Currie
11-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks, however, I downloaded the current build, but I still have the problem.

SYSOPS
11-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Please provide steps on how you ship:
- are you using a template or right clicking and selecting a shipment type
- From city state zip
- To city state zip
- service type
- package type
- weight

Any additional settings on the screen that may help us replicate the issue. You can also email a screenshot of the shipment dialed up in ShipRush to support at zfirmllc dot com. We will then try and replicate here. Please make sure to expand the from information so we can replicate as close as possible

Thank you,
SYSOPS

Daryle Currie
11-11-2007, 09:53 AM
I am right clicking and selecting first class (also having the problem with Parcel Post). The problem has occured with large envelopes and parcels - from 8oz to 17oz (I tried several) and with different "to" addresses (from: 1720 Regal Row, #110, Dallas, TX 75235). I just sent a screen shot to support.

Thanks,
dc

SYSOPS
11-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Are you selecting the default picklist item from the right click, or did you create your own templates for use in the right click area?

Please check your email for a response back. I need a clearer screenshot of the airbill.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

Daryle Currie
11-11-2007, 10:36 AM
the default picklist items

SYSOPS
11-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Thank you for the screenshot. The issue has been pushed to development to investigate.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
11-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Yes.... sorry. This is a USPS regulation.

The article below will appear in the ShipRush kbase in the next day or two:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Endicia server returned error: Delivery Confirmation is not
available for First-Class Mail Flat size mailpiece. [440]

Alternate error:

Endicia server returned error: Delivery Confirmation
is not available for Parcel Post Flat size mailpiece. [440]

USPS does not offer Delivery Confirmation (aka DC) on mailpieces
that are of type 'flat.' This has been in the postal regulations
since May 2007, but the post office did not start enforcing it until
Fall of 2007.

This is a USPS regulation. Not a malfunction of ShipRush or Endicia.

Solution:

Use the 'parcel' mailpiece type.

------------------------------
ShipRush
November 2007
USPS US Postal Service mailpiece type

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Daryle Currie
11-11-2007, 12:11 PM
OK, mystery solved. However, I noticed that the rate is higher by a few cents when I choose parcel over flat mailpiece.

vtjballeng
11-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Just went to do my shipments for the day and same error!

"Endicia server returned error: Delivery Confirmation is not available for First-Class Mail Flat size mailpiece. [440]"

Parcel does work but we have been using Large Envelope/Flat for months as our packages should be eligible for the lower rate class and we have had no problems with our shipments using this packaging class. Why did this change? I would like to continue to use the lower rate for my packages which should fit properly within this packaging class definition as we ship a large number of these out daily. We are NOT choosing delivery confirmation so the USPS enforcement of this issue should be irrelevant and this issue should still go to development so that I can continue to choose the Large Envelope/Flat package class at all.

Thanks,
vtjballeng

SYSOPR
11-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Folks,

We know it is messy and we apologize. Everyone at Z-Firm feels exactly the same way: This is messed up! Sadly, there is nothing we or anyone else can do. This is a USPS regulation.

To respond to the various concerns:

1) Yes, the rates for Parcels are higher than for Flats. Yes, this option costs more.

2) Yes, this is a screwball change, because everything was working just fine! Delivery Confirmation (aka DC) worked fine, rates were good. All was well! There was just one problem.... According to the USPS regulations, Flats were never (ever) supposed to actually exist with DC. If you want to read the hairy USPS speak: http://pe.usps.gov/text/dmm300/503.htm#wp1063871

To quote:

9.2.4 Ineligible Matter

Delivery Confirmation is not available for the following:

a. Express Mail and Periodicals pieces.

b. First-Class Mail letter-size and flat-size pieces.

c. Standard Mail letters and flats and all Enhanced Carrier Route Standard Mail pieces.

d. Package Services flat-size pieces

You can keep doing everything you have been doing, just select Parcel instead of Flat.

We apologize for this hassle. This is a holdover from the May 2007 USPS rate change that the Endicia guys missed at the time. If we could fix this, we would. I apologize that this matter is out of our hands.

vtjballeng
11-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Understood, however the problem now is that with the ShipRush software, we are not able to choose flat at all. I need flat without DC, how do I make this happen?

I never used DC with my flats, so I am not able to do what I was doing. I agree that this is an odd and messed up change from USPS, however my request has to do with a bug in the software. Based on the regulation change I should be able to choose flat fcm without dc but I can't, I get the same error message despite not choosing DC.

SYSOPR
11-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Understood, however the problem now is that with the ShipRush software, we are not able to choose flat at all. I need flat without DC, how do I make this happen?

I never used DC with my flats, so I am not able to do what I was doing. I agree that this is an odd and messed up change from USPS, however my request has to do with a bug in the software. Based on the regulation change I should be able to choose flat fcm without dc but I can't, I get the same error message despite not choosing DC.

Sorry we misunderstood.

Help us get an answer for you: Which ShipRush are you using:

a) ShipRush USPS ?

or

b) ShipRush Endicia ?

Thanks!

vtjballeng
11-13-2007, 08:56 AM
ShipRush Endicia, ShipRush version : 5.0.0.2215. Problem only cropped up this monday when we went to ship a flat, no dc package. The problem did not affect us the week prior. Nothing changed on our end with regard to the settings or software.

SYSOPR
11-13-2007, 10:06 AM
ShipRush Endicia, ShipRush version : 5.0.0.2215. Problem only cropped up this monday when we went to ship a flat, no dc package. The problem did not affect us the week prior. Nothing changed on our end with regard to the settings or software.

Got it. We apologize for the problem.

As I understand it:

1) You run ShipRush for Endicia

2) When shipping a flat, you get this error:

Endicia server returned error: Delivery Confirmation is not
available for First-Class Mail Flat size mailpiece. [440]

Alternate error:

Endicia server returned error: Delivery Confirmation
is not available for Parcel Post Flat size mailpiece. [440]

That is happening because Endicia changed their server to conform to the USPS rules.

Please give us a call by phone if you have any questions.

Thanks!

vtjballeng
11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Your problem description is correct. So how do I ship a FCM flat without DC? Or did you mean that this problem is to be worked on / solved in a future version?

SYSOPR
11-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Your problem description is correct. So how do I ship a FCM flat without DC? Or did you mean that this problem is to be worked on / solved in a future version?

Answer: Not possible.

All ShipRush solutions for USPS are DC centric. In fact, the Endicia infrastructure (used by ShipRush) is 100% DC centric.

In the future, we hope to have a non-DC option, but in all of ShipRush history, ShipRush has only ever printed USPS DC shipping labels.

I apologize for this problem. Here at Z-Firm, we are quite unhappy with the situation, as DC is available for less mail today than it was in April, and that is not what the world needs! (in our opinion!)

Again, we are working on it, but it is a big project.

vtjballeng
11-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Answer: Not possible.

All ShipRush solutions for USPS are DC centric. In fact, the Endicia infrastructure (used by ShipRush) is 100% DC centric.

In the future, we hope to have a non-DC option, but in all of ShipRush history, ShipRush has only ever printed USPS DC shipping labels.

I apologize for this problem. Here at Z-Firm, we are quite unhappy with the situation, as DC is available for less mail today than it was in April, and that is not what the world needs! (in our opinion!)

Again, we are working on it, but it is a big project.

Ok, I did not realize that DC was pre-selected when shipping with shiprush as not of our fcm packages actually register delivery. I thought that the delivery information that had been provided in most cases was standard. I would strongly agree with you that DC is a good option that is should be available for any package type.

I have had paypal refund customers that I ship products to that never arrive (USPS FCM International) despite presenting our shipping information. That there is no tracking and no DC means that Paypal makes me the insurer for these packages whether or not the customer actually chooses to insure the package. I now only ship with USPS FCM International with insurance and try to steer all business away from Paypal (for a host of other reasons that have cost us money through no fault of our own).

Given the choice then of FCM Parcel with DC vs FCM flat without DC, I would now choose FCM Parcel with DC so that I can verify the package or at least verify that it left my facility in the hands of USPS.