PDA

View Full Version : Shiprush not pulling email address from Great plains

Dennis Mackey
11-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Hello,

It seems that this has been an ongoing issue, or at least they finally told me it's an issue, since march (about 2 months after we got great plains working). It is supposed to take the email address from the shipper contact info in great plains and import it into great plains for the shipping notification. That's not working, and i guess hasn't been since march. I looked at shiprush but can't seem to find that option to set that to work. Can someone help me out please?

Dennis

SYSOPS
11-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Please make sure that ShipRush is set to pull the email address. Settings | Shipping Settings | Notifications. Verify that Shipment is checked.

At the moment, ShipRush only pulls the email from the GP Primary contact/address. If you select a different address, ShipRush will not read an email address. Development is aware of this issue. I do not have an ETA as to when this will be resolved.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
11-13-2007, 03:30 PM
One approach might be to use ShipRush ADO, and then you have full control over where the data is pulled from in GP....

Short video: http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/assets/videos/shiprush/ShipRush-ADO/ShipRush_ADO_GP/ShipRush_ADO_GP.html

Docs: http://zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v5-0_UPS/ShipRush_ADO__Introduction.htm

Dennis Mackey
11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Let me give this a shot, thank you for replying so quickly.

Dennis Mackey
11-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Hello,

I checked the settings and all looks fine. See attached document.

They are on Shiprush V5 and GP 9. The email is address is stored on the customer card in the bill to and ship to field.

They ship from the Invoice. When the Zfirm window opens, all the info is being pulled correctly but the email address is not pulling at all.

Dennis

SYSOPS
11-14-2007, 12:12 PM
When ShipRush comes up, does it ask what to use for the shipping address? If you select Invoice, it will not pull the email address, as it will only pull that in if you select the primary address or contact option from the list.

SYSOPS

Dennis Mackey
11-15-2007, 11:55 AM
If you dont choose the invoice then GP only pulls the primary address and not the drop ship address on the order.

The reason they purchased Zfirm was becasue they were told it would send out email notifications. Is there a way around this?

SYSOPR
11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
One way around the issue is to use the ADO SQL method, which allows the data flow to match exactly the customer needs. (The stock scripts may already do this, or could be modified to.)

We will check if there are other paths.

SYSOPR
11-15-2007, 02:00 PM
This is under investigation under ZF Case 13063.

It looks like the best route forward is to extend the ADO SQL to query the exact structure you need.