PDA

View Full Version : ship rush on a network? HELP!!

rubbertherightway
11-14-2007, 10:16 AM
we have 2 computers in our network, both using quickbooks pro 08. We have been using shiprush on our main computer for some time without any issues. I recently downloaded shiprush on our 2nd CPU, and when I try to run SR from this 2nd computer I receive an error message...

"error accessing quickbooks in QBMXL mode. please make sure you are using quickbooks 2002 pro or higher and <QuickBooks dir>\QBXMLRP.DLL is registered. In order to register QBXMLRP.DLL type REGSVR32 QBXMLRP.DLL in the command line. The operation will continue in non-QBXML mode."

I have no idea what this means. After clicking "ok" I am prompted to select
"let me enter a different ship rush #"
"I am running the correct contact manager now, try agai"
"run stand alone (without contact manager)"
"close shiprush"

What do I do?
Both computers are networked, and share the same quickbooks company file. I just want our guys to be able to use shiprush from either computer to print USPS labels.

THANKS!

SYSOPS
11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
As discussed on the phone. We had to register the dll file in question. To do that we went to the folder via a cmd prompt (the QuickBooks folder, typically, c:\program files\intuit\QuickBooks something), and ran REGSVR32 QBXMLRP.DLL.

That resolved the first error, but ShipRush was still complaining on that PC that it could not communicate with QuickBooks.

The first attempt at resolution will be to run a Repair on the QB environment. Second would be to try and log into the PC as a different user and see if the issue persists.

That is where it stands currently.

SYSOPS