PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Uninstalling ShipRush (Hang, Freeze)

flammaaeterna
11-17-2007, 05:17 PM
I went to uninstall ShipRush from my Windows 2003 machine and found that in hung to a point when I had to kill it. However it did manage to remove it from add/remove programs, but did not remove the files from Program Files. I tried it again on another Windows 2003 machine and experienced the same thing. This is very frustrating.

I then went to reinstall the application and the install worked fine except that when I configured it as a server install it would not install the ShipRush Server service in the Windows Service Manager. The error I get is the DBISAM/11280 error.

2 Questions:
-Why would an uninstall hang/freeze?
-How do I reinstall the ShipRush Windows service?

In the future I would recommend a more componentized installer that makes it very transparent exactly what is being installed/uninstalled (ShipRush client vs. ShipRush server).

SYSOPS
11-18-2007, 05:27 AM
Here's a link to a kbase article on uninstalling ShipRush if the add\remove hangs, or the installer hangs:
http://www.zfirm.com/knowledge_bases/shiprush/sr5a-302.txt

Without knowing the complete environment, there could be many things to cause an uninstall to hang or freeze. Anti-virus could cause an issue, other applications running on the PC could cause an issue.

To re-install the ShipRush service:
From a cmd prompt
Change directory to the ShipRush directory, typically c:\program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v5
at the cmd prompt: shiprushserver.exe /install

HTH,
SYSOPS

SYSOPR
11-18-2007, 01:56 PM
ShipRush is normally very very reliable to install.

If you continue to run into issues, please provide more detail or give us a call.