PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - Ship Rush rates

MouseShoppe
11-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Good morning,

I believe I've read the relevant KB article about this issue, but I still have a question.

We have Ship Rush version 5.0.0.2289. I assume that is the basic version. I understand that the basic version does not support negotiated rates. According to the KB article, Ship Rush uses the published UPS rate tables for our account type to display rates, and that our actual rates may vary.

The problem is the rates that Ship Rush displays appear to be based on an account located somewhere on the East coast. We are based in California, so it does not follow that a 2# box going to Virginia would cost less than a 2# box going to Las Vegas. This seems to have happened sometime in the last 4 days, because we have not noticed it prior to that.

We also use UPS' World Ship application to ship from another UPS account. Like Ship Rush, that particular version of World Ship does not display our negotiated rates. I ran 5 packages through both Ship Rush and World Ship to compare the rates, and I think it's really clear that the rates quoted by Ship Rush are not based on shipping from California.

2# - 89148 (Las Vegas)
S/R $7.83
W/S $6.45

7# - 10514 (New York)
S/R $7.04
W/S $9.90

2# - 22031 (Fairfax, VA)
S/R $6.46
W/S $7.81

2# - 22533 (Cantonment, FL)
S/R $7.37
W/S $7.81

3# - 93611 (Clovis, CA)
S/R $8.43
W/S $6.66

I've double-checked our UPS account number through Ship Rush, and made sure that our ship-from address correctly reflects California. I don't know what other settings could possibly impact this. Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know what other information I can provide to help you solve this.

Adrienne
MouseShoppe.com and CharmingShoppe.com

SYSOPS
11-25-2007, 07:20 AM
We will look into this issue here.

Stand by,
SYSOPS

SYSOPS
11-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Are you using ShipRush with Stone Edge? If so, that is UPS Pro, not Basic.

With that said:
- Verify in your settings
- Your address info is correct
- Also verify that the settings | Rates area is set correctly

This information is derived from tables on the local PC, not from any server at UPS. Something would have changed in the settings area for the Rates to change so drastically. I would look at the suggestions above first.

SYSOPS

xbox360
11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Are you using ShipRush with Stone Edge? If so, that is UPS Pro, not Basic.

With that said:
- Verify in your settings
- Your address info is correct
- Also verify that the settings | Rates area is set correctly

This information is derived from tables on the local PC, not from any server at UPS. Something would have changed in the settings area for the Rates to change so drastically. I would look at the suggestions above first.

SYSOPS
I have a question wich software is best pro or basic for UPS so I dont have same rate trouble like that guy have I looking for software with all tool can used ship with UPS so can ship anywhere world? also do need a SED ship oversea DHL and FEDEX have new progam call SED to approved to ship package but dont no where get it at if used shiprush tool but I also go create a account with UPS and FEDEX for billing

SYSOPS
11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Here's a comparison between UPS Pro and Basic:
http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/assets/pdf/shiprush_ups_basic_vs_pro.pdf

ShipRush UPS and FedEx can do INTL currently. We are working on expanding that to DHL as well, but currently DHL is for domestic shipping only.

ShipRush can generate the INTL paperwork, as long as you populate the Export Documents area as required by the carrier.

SYSOPS