PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks - UPS Email Notification does not work

rfdesign1
12-11-2007, 07:43 PM
After months of using the UPS Ship function for Invoices and Sales Receipts in Quickbooks (I really like it), I sadly discovered that my customers were not getting the UPS tracking email notifications that I had promised. Ouch. I can't get it to work. Everything else works fine, but the UPS tracking emails don't go out. Is it broken or is there a trick to this. I have combed through the UPS Ship setup options a few times to verify the function is enabled.

Thanks
Dave

SYSOPS
12-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Are you talking using ShipRush UPS, or the built in UPS Shipping in QuickBooks? If using the one in QuickBooks, please contact Intuit for support.

ShipRush UPS has two methods of sending email:
- Carrier sends email
- You send your own custom email notification

SYSOPS

rfdesign1
12-12-2007, 07:24 AM
I am using QB's built in shipping manager to have UPS send email notification to my customers. QB shipping manager uses files named ZRush_ShipRush4_QB.ocx, ZRush_Shiprush4_Shim.dll, ...

Since QB personnel were not able to deal with this question/problem effectively, I figured I'd go to the source of the software. Is this not Zfirm software in QB's?

Dave

SYSOPS
12-12-2007, 07:58 AM
It is software purchased by Intuit to include as OEM in their own software. Technical support for the software is to be provided by Intuit.

If you can get into settings for the shipping portion, check to make sure notifications are enabled, and that the shipping carrier sends (if that is an option).

When you pull up an airbill, does it populate with the email address? If so, it should send the email. Now, with that said, there may have been changes in the UPS world, that the version of UPS Shipping bundled with QuickBooks does not address (how UPS handles email notifications, etc). The version that is bundled in QuickBooks is an older version, and you cannot update it with a newer version (to our knowledge).

Sorry that we cannot provide you with any exact information on this issue, or an exact resolution for the built in shipping solution.

I know that ShipRush UPS v5 does send email notifications.

SYSOPS

rfdesign1
12-12-2007, 09:22 AM
It is software purchased by Intuit to include as OEM in their own software. Technical support for the software is to be provided by Intuit.

If you can get into settings for the shipping portion, check to make sure notifications are enabled, and that the shipping carrier sends (if that is an option).

When you pull up an airbill, does it populate with the email address? If so, it should send the email. Now, with that said, there may have been changes in the UPS world, that the version of UPS Shipping bundled with QuickBooks does not address (how UPS handles email notifications, etc). The version that is bundled in QuickBooks is an older version, and you cannot update it with a newer version (to our knowledge).

Sorry that we cannot provide you with any exact information on this issue, or an exact resolution for the built in shipping solution.

I know that ShipRush UPS v5 does send email notifications.

SYSOPS
Thank you for shedding some light on this.

The airbill does auto-populate with the email address predefined in the setup - my own email address is in the Exceptions list. However, I never receive any emails from UPS.

Not sure how I can persuade QB to investigate or update their software. They build a wall around their developers that is guarded by foreign call centers.