PDA

View Full Version : Error 1053: The service did not respond

michaelg@exaktime.com
11-23-2004, 10:06 AM
When trying to start the Shiprush Server manually I receive this error.

---------------------------
Services
Could not start the Z-Firm ShipRush v3 service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
OK

I am looking to move my installation to a server. Do I simply follow the instructions for installing on a new PC? Also how many PCs can have ShipRush installed.

Where does the ShipRush Server Service have to reside? Can it reside anywhere or does it have to reside on the same PC as the database?

Thanks for your help!

SYSOPS
11-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Could not start the Z-Firm ShipRush v3 service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

**This error may indicate a permissions issue. Are you logged into the PC as an Admin? If not, try that, or, go into the properties of the Z-Firm ShipRush v3 service | Log On. Try changing the logon to a specific account (like Administrator or an Admin equiv). See if you can start it then.

I am looking to move my installation to a server. Do I simply follow the instructions for installing on a new PC? Also how many PCs can have ShipRush installed.

**If you want to move your ShipRush installation (data, etc) to a new PC, follow the instructions in the helpfile:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v3_Pro_Edition/Move_ShipRush_to_a_New_Computer.htm
Note: If you cannot get the service to run on the old PC, you may not be able to do a save system state to move to the new pc.

**You can have ShipRush installed on as many PCs as you wish (typically one as the "server" installation, and the others as workstations). You can only run as many concurrently as your license allows.

Where does the ShipRush Server Service have to reside? Can it reside anywhere or does it have to reside on the same PC as the database?

**ShipRush can be installed on any PC. You decide which computer will be the "server" and that PC will house the database for ShipRush.

SYSOPS

michaelg@exaktime.com
11-23-2004, 01:31 PM
This did not work. When I try and start the service I get the MS error message telling me that there was an error and to Send or Don't Send.

Please help...

Thanks!

SYSOPS
11-23-2004, 01:40 PM
If you cannot get the ShipRush Service to start, then there has possibly been a corruption in the ShipRush environment on the PC, or some other form of corruption.

Is there another error # involved with the service start up?

SYSOPS

michaelg@exaktime.com
11-23-2004, 01:51 PM
No other messages. We were up and running efore but then we had some problems. I believe we switched to the ADO connection to resolve then this error happened.

If you cannot get the ShipRush Service to start, then there has possibly been a corruption in the ShipRush environment on the PC, or some other form of corruption.

Is there another error # involved with the service start up?

SYSOPS

SYSOPS
11-23-2004, 02:18 PM
It appears that the service and some part of ShipRush is corrupt.

Not much I can tell you at this point to get the service to work.

SYSOPS