PDA

View Full Version : QB Enterprise 5.0 <-> Shiprush for UPS

kb9ysc
11-29-2004, 03:29 PM
Hello, I'm looking at Shiprush. We have Quickbooks enterprise solutions. We currently have V4.0, though we have the media for 5.0, and will be upgrading as soon as we work out the shipping software. We currently have Shipgear, which has worked okay. Because of the new QB, we're likely to need to purchase an upgrade if we go that path. However, since a version of shiprush is included in V5.0, we're leaning strongly towards Shiprush. I have a few questions regarding this:

1: I notice that in QBEE 5.0, the only printer type supported is 'laser', and we have a UPS label printer. I've tried sending labels to the label printer, and it ends up sideways no matter what I do. Does the full version of shiprush address this issue? (I presume the included version is a feature-limited version)

2: What features would an upgrade include? Multiple packages? Or is the version in QB 5.0 the full-featured product?

3: How would purchasing shiprush for QB5.0 work? What's the pricing on said upgrade from the included version to the full version?

4: We're contemplating switching from UPS to FedEx, are there two different versions for that software? Should we make a decision on this before purchasing the shiprush software?

Thanks,

Tony

SYSOPS
11-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Z-Firm does not provide technical assistance for the bundled software in QuickBooks.

ShipRush UPS v3 (purchased from Z-Firm or VAR) offers:
Laser and Eltron label printer support
Multi-parcel shipments
Etc

If you wish to purchase ShipRush (not the bundled software in QuickBooks) please call our sales office at 206.812.7874 for further assistance on questions 3 and 4.

HTH,
SYSOPS

SYSOPR
11-30-2004, 08:05 AM
However, since a version of shiprush is included in V5.0, we're leaning strongly towards Shiprush. I have a few questions regarding this:

Inside QuickBooks Pro and Enterprise is a special version of ShipRush called QuickBooks Shipping Manager. It is not the same as the ShipRush product that is available from Z-Firm.

See the PDF Comparison matrix to compare QuickBooks Shipping Manager with ShipRush.

http://www.zfirm.com/products/assets/pdf/Comparing%20ShipRush%20to%20the%20QuickBooks%20Shi pping%20Manager.pdf

kb9ysc
11-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Thank you, that PDF has been most helpful.

Tony