01-14-2008, 01:26 PM
I am trying to ship to a university and ship to the below address:

Walla Walla University
Customer Name
Department of Technology
306 SW 4th St.
College Place WA 99324

I get the error:
Endicia server returned error: Unable to validate Ship To address.
Error: Address is too ambiguous. [3021]

When looking this address up with various mapping software packages such as google maps, I see no corrections that need to be made and I see that the address is valid.

Why do I have an error that prevents me from shipping to this customer?

SYSOPR
01-15-2008, 09:41 AM
The way to check these addresses is not on google (good idea, though!). Instead, use the address verifier at usps.com

That is the same system we use.

A quick look indicates that "Department of Technology" should not be in address1. Rather the street address should be in address1.

vtjballeng
01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
The way to check these addresses is not on google (good idea, though!). Instead, use the address verifier at usps.com

That is the same system we use.

A quick look indicates that "Department of Technology" should not be in address1. Rather the street address should be in address1.

I tried the street address as address1 with the same result. Do you mean the address verification software here:

http://www.usps.com/business/addressverification/welcome.htm

or is there something they offer that checks/corrects this online?

vtjballeng
01-15-2008, 01:57 PM
So how do I ship to that address? Their website lists it in the same format:
http://www.wallawalla.edu/academics/areas-of-study/undergraduate-programs/technology/department-site/wolfpack-automotive-faq/
Their people says its in that format. All the address systems I see list it in that format. It seems as though this is a dial-a-zip problem, how do i go about generating a shipment to this place?

vtjballeng
01-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Ok, well everyone I spoke to verified that address and I am convinced it is good. I used Endicia to print the label, it gave the same error BUT it allowed me to override it after some messages about a possible delay in shipping.

Please send to development:

- Allow dial-a-zip address verification errors to be manually overriden so that I do not have to have a backup piece of software, or head to the post office, in the case of a problem such as this. I only continue to have endicia because ShipRush can not yet handle FCM International.

Thanks

SYSOPR
01-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Thank you for the report.

The USPS has tightened their rules around address quality.

We are looking into this!

Thanks!!!

SYSOPR
01-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Another option:

In ShipRush, dial up this shipment and hit the Shipment link on the UI. That should either:

a) Clean the address
or
b) Suggest cleaned addresses that will work