PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Area Surcharge

mlundp
12-01-2004, 10:39 AM
The program doesn't calculate the delivery area surcharge which is usually $1 extra.

How is that handled in ShipRush v3?

Morten Petersen

SYSOPS
12-01-2004, 10:56 AM
If you're talking about ShipRush UPS v3 Basic:
That is calculated by UPS. Basic gets all of its rates directly from UPS. If the delivery requires a DAS, that is added.

No settings for this.

SYSOPS

mlundp
12-01-2004, 11:07 AM
We have v3 PRO. How is the surcharge handled here?

PS! The program is NOT adding the surcharge - we have compared the shipment cost to our bills.

Thanks
Morten Petersen

SYSOPS
12-01-2004, 11:43 AM
This thread is moving to the Pro forum.

Pro uses a table that is installed with the software. What build of ShipRush UPS v3 Pro are you using? Possibly you need to update your software. The current build for ShipRush UPS v3 Pro is 563.

SYSOPS

In regards to your other post:

The update from 281 to build 563 will keep your settings. You may need to verify your settings if using ShipRush with QuickBooks (the QB parameters may have changed between builds slightly).

mlundp
12-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Thanks for moving me to the correct forum. Now that you also picked up my question regarding the upgrade from build 281 to 563, do I need to update to 563 in order to get the delivery area surcharge table installed?

Morten Petersen

SYSOPS
12-01-2004, 12:18 PM
Yes. You are running on tables from last year. Updating to 563 will install the most current tables, including DAS.

SYSOPS

mlundp
12-01-2004, 02:18 PM
I just finished updating our system to build 563 and it was very easy. The program kept all it's original settings and the interface to my accounting program is still working fine.

However, the Delivery Area Surcharge is still not working. UPS Worldship will calculate a 1 lbs Ground package from zip 21046 to zip 12946 at $4.81 ($3.81 + $1.0 surcharge). ShipRush will not include the $1.00 surcharge.

Morten Petersen

SYSOPS
12-01-2004, 03:06 PM
That is odd. I tested here with ShipRush UPS v3 Pro and it does show the delivery area surcharge.

Maybe the rate tables were not updated. One way to test that theory is to rename the UPSRates folder under program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3 and then run the update install again. That should create a new set of tables (new UPSRates folder as well).

If that does not, please let us know and we'll get a set of tables zipped and sent to you.

SYSOPS

mlundp
12-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Thanks, I tried to rename the UPSRates folder but the system wouldn't let me eventhough I was logged in as Administrator. I received the Access Denied message.

I checked the CSV files in that directory and find that most all the files are from October 2004. So it does appear that the install program copied files into the directory during the update process.

Please advice.

Morten

SYSOPS
12-02-2004, 07:10 AM
You should be able to rename the folder if you have ShipRush closed. It must be a file in the rates folder that is giving "old" information. I will zip up my own rates folder and email it to you.

Rename the current folder and replace with the zipped file. If you cannot rename: make sure ShipRush is closed out of the system tray, and you may need to go into services and stop the following services:
MSSQL$SHIPRUSH3
Z-Firm Shipping Server

I will email to you shortly,
SYSOPS