PDA

View Full Version : LP 2844 - Prints in middle of 2 Labels

Steve98271
01-19-2008, 12:40 PM
I just signed up for endica and ShipRush -- Each time I print USPS labels - it prints in the middle of 2 labels. How do I adjust. I have used Stamps.com with the same printer no issue. I also use Quickbooks 2007 with UPS - ShipRush and it prints fine.

There must be a setting somewhere I am not seeing in Endica/Shiprush... any ideas?

SYSOPR
01-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Please go into ShipRush settings, and look in the Printing area.

There should be an option: Print Reverse

If already enabled, please disable it. If not enabled, enable it.

That should help!

Steve98271
01-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Thank you that worked!

signald
10-13-2008, 11:00 AM
I just signed up for endica and ShipRush -- Each time I print USPS labels - it prints in the middle of 2 labels. How do I adjust. I have used Stamps.com with the same printer no issue. I also use Quickbooks 2007 with UPS - ShipRush and it prints fine.

There must be a setting somewhere I am not seeing in Endica/Shiprush... any ideas?
I have a similar problem. If I use ShipRush for a USPS label, it prints fine but if I print a USP label after that, the USP label prints between two labels. I did not have this issue prior to using ShipRush for USPS labels. If I reboot the printer, it works fine until I print ShipRush USPS label. Any UPS label after than is then stradling two labels, yet Shiprush USPS labels print just fine. Is this a ShipGear thing or a USP thing?

SYSOPS
10-13-2008, 11:17 AM
You can look at installing an alternate print driver for the printer for use with ShipRush:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v6-0_Endicia/Thermal_Printer_Installation.htm

SYSOPS

NobleRoy
10-29-2008, 06:49 PM
I have a similar issue, except my Eltron LP2348 Plus printer is not plugged directly into any computer, it is on a prtint server so it has to be added by IP, so I don't think the alternate driver method will work for me (less there is something you know that I don't, if so please share).

Here is the deal, I have ACT! 2008, Omnirush Server and Shiprush. The bulk of the labels are printed through ACT which is printing straddled accross 2 labels. Shiprush prints fine as long as the labels are reversed and with the doc-tab on top. When I print through ACT (with omnirush plugin) it prints the labels the exact same everyime, on 2 labels, it is like it thinks there is a 12 inch piece of paper in there, but there are just 4x6 labels. I have changed the print track config over and over, installed different drivers, told it that the printer was generic, adjusted the gap with between the labels, changed the paper size from one extreme to the other, reverse print, doc tab top, bottom, no doc-tab, override Shiprush settings, changed offsets, and it has not changed position even the slightest.

I would call it posession if it werent for the fact that there is another install of all of this software on another server and it all goes to the same printer but it works fine. I have even mirrored all of the settings from one server to the other and the same problem persists.

SYSOPR
10-29-2008, 07:27 PM
I have a similar issue, except my Eltron LP2348 Plus printer is not plugged directly into any computer, it is on a prtint server so it has to be added by IP, so I don't think the alternate driver method will work for me (less there is something you know that I don't, if so please share).

The alternate print driver method absolutely works when an eltron/zebra is connected to a print server (I use several eltron and zebra printers in such a configuration myself). The print server can be one of a few flavors:

-- ethernet to USB
-- ethernet to parallel
-- a "dumb" PC acting as a print server

The print driver is completely separate from the port. When a print server is in use, it is set up as a port.

NobleRoy
10-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Ok, I have set up the printer as a generic/text printer, and it still works the same as it was working before (despite everything I do, it still prints straddled accross 2 labels when sent through Omnirush server). Incase it matters, I am using OmniRush v9.0.0.994 with 2 fedex tracks but only one set up right now. The server it is on has only the software fore-mentioned on it, and it is Server 2003 Standard SP2. Don't know if that helps but thought it might.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your quick reply btw.

signald
10-30-2008, 03:20 AM
Here is my quazi fix. I have found that even though I have my thermal printer set to share- it doesn't really want to. When I launch ShipGear when other shipping programs are running, ShipGear will not see the port where the printer is. For now, I only launch the ShipGear (it will see the port then for some reason)- do all postage - then I can launch Worldship and such. If I have another postage to do during this, I close down all others and have only ShipGear running. This is not the fix I am sure (I hope) but it seems to work for now. I hope this will help you.

SYSOPS
10-30-2008, 06:16 AM
Do you have the track configured to print, or is the track passing the print job to ShipRush?

If you could, set the track to not override the settings in ShipRush
Go into Settings in ShipRush | Printers
Verify that the printing is set correctly
Print Test Page? Does that print out correctly? If so,
Stop the Shipping Module in OmniRush
Restart
Test

SYSOPS

NobleRoy
10-31-2008, 12:00 PM
That worked.

The track was configured to print, it just wouldn't print correctly. I don't know what the deal was but it seems to be fine now.

Thanks for your help