PDA

View Full Version : Date - Holidays

Steve98271
01-19-2008, 07:19 PM
I am a former Stamps.com user - Will Endica not automatically roll to next Business day for the Post Office after 5 PM Local Time?

I Notice when processing order on a Sunday it will give me the next business day (which is a button I click) but that next day happens to be a holiday, it wont automatically go to the NEXT Business day in this case Tuesday.

Also - Weights - if I enter 16 oz I notice its not automatically changing from First Class to Priority Mail - is that a setting or just something it doesnt do? I HATE stamps.com but there are some features I am already missing.

SYSOPR
01-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Also - Weights - if I enter 16 oz I notice its not automatically changing from First Class to Priority Mail - is that a setting or just something it doesnt do?

Sorry, but that is just not a feature.... today! I just submitted it to the development team under ZF Case 15325

Let us know what else you are missing. We would love to meet your needs!

SYSOPR
01-20-2008, 09:54 AM
I Notice when processing order on a Sunday it will give me the next business day (which is a button I click) but that next day happens to be a holiday, it wont automatically go to the NEXT Business day in this case Tuesday.

That is correct. Today, ShipRush lacks holiday smarts.

This is open as a feature request under ZF Case 15326

SYSOPR
01-20-2008, 09:56 AM
I am a former Stamps.com user - Will Endica not automatically roll to next Business day for the Post Office after 5 PM Local Time?

This one is tricky.

Many folks have a central post office nearby that accepts mail until 6 or later, so making it a 5:00 for everyone is not necessarily smart.

Also, the date is not 'hard.' You could process 50 shipments for today, say at 1 pm, and then fail to get them to the post office for some reason (any reason). So you tender them to the post office tomorrow.

There will be no problem. Everything will work out fine.

So is it really so crucial to flip the shipment date?

Steve98271
01-20-2008, 06:57 PM
The issue we have is with the Date, we print the postage then package the product. Our local post office requires the " day of shipping" date on the postage. We cant print with Mondays Mail Date and drop it off Tuesday.

I am attaching the holiday / after 5 PM message we get with the other service - the user still has the option to say NO, and it only asks once per session. Meaning open the software and receive the message or.. if you have the software open after 5 PM it then gives you the message to ask if you want to process the shipment for the next day.

Frihet87
01-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Many folks have a central post office nearby that accepts mail until 6 or later, so making it a 5:00 for everyone is not necessarily smart .....
So is it really so crucial to flip the shipment date?

I would like to add that flipping the shipment date is crucial because our emails indicate the date of shipment, and have a tracking URL. When customers receive the email they click the tracking url which promptly confirms "Label/Receipt Number: 9101 **** 04
There is no record of this item."

And then they call us; by having the <ship date> reflect the planned shipment date we avoid a large number of phone calls.

If the ship date does not flip, then we MUST use the calendar function to change the shipment date which means, for every package we have to remember to change the date, and changing the date requires 3 more clicks (date drop down, click new date, click ok).

Lastly, I agree that 5pm may not be wise for everyone. Ideally, a function "Change Shipping Date" would be added. When pressed this function would display a default indicating the next weekday, but allow a new date to be selected. This approach is outlined in this thread:

http://forums.zfirm.com/showthread.php?p=19651#post19651

Steve98271
02-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Being that I process many shipments after 6 PM for the next day, I am having to select the next date on each shipment I process... it should automatically roll or stay there once selected. Unless there is a trick I am not aware of.