PDA

View Full Version : Reference Field Placement / Size

Frihet87
01-22-2008, 10:15 AM
We use both SR fedex and USPS and have the share the Zebra printer using DocTab labels.

Our labels are printed while the orders are actually being pulled with order numbers written on the packages. This means the reference ID our order number is the only way to match package to label. The current placement of the USPS Reference is very small and difficult to read.

Can the font be increased, or bolded on the current label?

On SR Fedex, the doctab shows the reference #; presently, the USPS label does not use the DocTab, ideally could the Reference Number added to the doc tab in a much larger font?

Thanks.

SYSOPS
01-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I will pass your suggestion along to development.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

SYSOPR
01-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Thank you for the input.

We are looking into this under ZF Case 15337

Frihet87
03-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Another idea on this topic.
It turns out the reference is small on the Fedex label, but the shipping department is actually reading the reference number from the Doc-Tab portion of the label.

Can Doc-Tab data (like on fedex labels) be printed on the Postal labels?
This would solve the font size issue above.

SYSOPS
04-01-2008, 06:02 AM
At this time there is no doctab support in the USPS versions of our software.

I will push this to development.

SYSOPS

ecollier2012
12-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Any update on this?

Having the ability to print the SKU in the reference field is very handy but the font is so small it will lead to mistakes.

This may be the one reason I will have to switch back to Encidia. I can print the SKU in larger letters to avoid mistakes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed

SYSOPR
12-06-2009, 08:18 AM
I think we added doc tab support to all USPS ShipRush versions earlier this year...

ecollier2012
12-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I did a few searches - says its avail in ShipRush pro. I ship USPS only so I do not use that version. I am using ShipRush for Encidia.

What I specificaly need is a larger reference font so that the ITEM sku that is printed on the label can be read without a microscope :)

Thanks

Ed

SYSOPS
12-07-2009, 08:00 AM
v7 ShipRush Endicia supports doctab. This will not help with the font size. The reference on the label is larger than it is on the doctab.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
12-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Can we get a case opened internally with a scan or photo of the label highlighting what the issue is?

That is the only way I can take it up the chain...

ecollier2012
12-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Ok - Two examples are attached. The 1st example is from ShipRush for Encidia. As you can see the reference field font is very small. We want to use this field to print the product SKU on the labels. This will save us considerable time when picking orders. The problem is the font is so small that its hard to read thus this will lead to shipping mistakes.

The second example was printed just from Dazzle - notice that the reference field is much larger.

If you need better photos please let me know.

Thanks
Ed

SYSOPR
12-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Thank you!

We are researching this under ZF Case 21368

WMSI_BZ
04-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Is there any update on this? How can we change font size of reference field on the label?

Thanks.

SYSOPR
04-23-2010, 03:34 PM
There is no update on ZF Case 21368, sorry to say.

Question: If the Doc Tab printed less info, but a larger REF, would that be a solution?

MDS
04-24-2010, 12:48 AM
I would like to know if you can print the reference on the doc tab and not on the label? If so, I would try some doc tab labels, keeps the labels a little safer in sticky fingers

OP: Are you paying for a SR enabled Endicia acct as well as a regular pro account? That's what I'm doing but wondering if there was a way around it. I couldn't live without making my own labels once in awhile and having a real postage log.