PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Fedex, UPS Basic and USPS

voncorp
02-21-2008, 01:29 PM
We are currently running Shiprush for Fedex, UPS Basic, and USPS across our network on several systems. I notice that there was an update available, and so I was about to install 5.7.0.2475. In case it matters, we currently are running 5.0.0.2155. When you download the updates, it has a file for each version (fedex, ups, usps). In the past I just sequentially installed them, but it seemed to sometime do slightly weird things with the licensing where I ended up having to open each version a couple times one each computer to make sure that everything was working.

Is there a best way or order to do this?

I had noticed in the past that no new files appear to be installed with the additional services, just some configuration adjustments. Is there someway to upgrade all three versions with one install?

Thank you!
Martin von Herrmann

SYSOPS
02-21-2008, 01:38 PM
You would do the update with one installer, and add the additional installs to set the adjustments. No single install for all.

You may have to re-apply the license since you are going from v5.0 to v5.7.

SYSOPS

voncorp
02-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Thank you.
One quirk, In did the install Fedex, then UPS, then USPS.
One those computers when it asked for the license, it only asked on the first install (Fedex)
However, it would ask 3 times, with slightly different screens each time. The "Fetch License from Clipboard" button made it really easy, but it was kind of odd that it would ask 3 times. There was never indication that the previous entry failed, and the screen changed slightly each time. (Probably should have taken screen shots, sorry).

Or is this related to having 3 different ship methods installed?

It only happened on the computers I was upgrading. I had one new install, and it only asked for the license once.

SYSOPR
02-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Typically, once is enough.

Not sure why it needed it more than once.