PDA

View Full Version : Missing UPS Rate Tables

codys
12-17-2004, 02:29 PM
I just installed ShipRush Pro/UPS on a new PC. It all went fine except that there are no rate tables in the zfirm lls/shiprush/upsrates subdirectory. As a result, the program opens but won't ship packages because it cannot find rate tables. Help!!!!

SYSOPS
12-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Did you first install ShipRush UPS v3 Basic and then uninstall Basic and go with Pro?

If so, that is the issue at hand. Steps to rectify:
Uninstall ShipRush (via Add\Remove Programs)
Delete the following folders:
program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3 (and shiprush v3 basic if present)
c:\documents and settings\username\application data\z-firm llc (whole folder)

Reboot and re-install ShipRush UPS v3 Pro

SYSOPS

codys
12-17-2004, 04:04 PM
I did not ever install the Basic program, and I have reinstalled Pro, and my reinstall included deleting folders in both locations (even in the profile).

What mechanism is available to provide updates to the UPS rate table? I would think that that could be used to provide my tables.

Thank you

SYSOPS
12-20-2004, 07:22 AM
You should be able to run the installer and that will install the Rates Tables.

If they are missing still, then there is an issue during installation on the PC. Are you installing as a server, workstation, or stand-alone?

Look at the folders on the PC after doing your installation, program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3. There should be a UPSRates folder there.

SYSOPS

codys
12-20-2004, 07:43 AM
I have installed (three times now) as a server each time. Could that be the problem?

SYSOPS
12-20-2004, 08:24 AM
What build of ShipRush UPS v3 Pro is this?

It should be there with that install. Again, if you browse out to program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3, do you see a folder called UPSRates? Anything in that folder?

If not, this is specific to the PC (this install works for others). I can zip up the contents of the UPSRates folder and email to you.

Do not know what other issues you may have related to these files missing during install.

SYSOPS

codys
12-20-2004, 12:49 PM
My version of SRUv3 is 3.0.0.281.
I do indeed have contents in the UPS Rates folder of \shiprush v3. I was looking at the same folder under \shiprush and seeing an empty folder. That caused me to believe that missing rate tables were my problem.

However, I still have the problem that my shiprush installtion will not calculate rates and therefore will also not proceed to print a shipping label.
Even after filling in weight, dimensions, etc. the system says in the lower left of the screen:
"Not enough information to calculate shipping rate"
I have tried several different ship methods, etc. but cannot get a rate.
I installed on another PC . I have the same problem with a different presenation of the error. This new install has three hyperlinks in lower left (Estimate Cost, Transit Time, and List All Services). None of these work, and without a cost, it won't print a shipping label.

SYSOPS
12-20-2004, 01:17 PM
If you state that it has 3 hyperlinks in the lower left hand corner, that is Basic and not Pro.

Could be:
You have installed Basic and the information is still present on the machine
You have a Basic License and trying to use Pro (should be a pro license you have)
You are trying to install Basic not Pro

Have you entered in a license at all during these attempts? If so, try to enter that license again. Uninstall via Add\Remove Programs. Delete program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3 (and v3 Basic if you see it) as well as documents and settings\username\application data\z-firm llc

We must get all reference off the PC that has to do with Basic before trying to install Pro. You may also want to download the latest build of ShipRush UPS v3 Pro:
http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/assets/products/ShipRush-v3.exe
This is build 563. We will know if Pro is loaded correctly once you bring up an airbill and there is only one option in the lower left hand corner, the est shipping charge.

SYSOPS